Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Editing:||Please feel free to edit constructively!|
[[Summary::A race of foxes without the crippling and bizarre mechanical properties of the red fox, these foxes were awakened decades ago, and it bred true.]]
Vulpes are much like regular foxes, although they are far more capable of making moral judgements, and some may say that they are smarter. They're certainly less gullible.
Vulpes continue the fox tradition of raising their children in dens (which could also be amazing magical mansions), eventually kicking them out when they get old enough.
Vulpes look identical to red foxes, although some take tattooing and fur-dying quite seriously.
Vulpes are a wandering sort who do not naturally associate with members of their own race very often, and so tend towards chaotic. Paladins, of course, also tend to be a wandering sort, so you can see how far this generalization gets.
Vulpes tend to be very determined to accomplish something, so they are particularly unlikely to choose "Unaligned", although "True Neutral" is just fine.
Vulpes live in much the same territory as Red Foxes.
Vulpes often worship a deity, if only to have some sort of guidance on long journeys.
Vulpes speak Common and Vulpine, although they find Vulpine to be an overly simplistic language and choose not to use it.
Many Vulpes learn a variety of other languages.
Vulpe names tend to be vaguely latinized versions of barking sounds.
Common male names: Grastus, Yirfus, Brakulus
Common female names: Grasta, Yippa, Barkara
- -2 Strength, +2 Dexterity, -2 Constitution, +2 Intelligence, -2 Charisma: Vulpes are still small animals, although they are very intelligent. Being raised in a small family unit with minimal communication with others cripples their conversational abilities a bit, though.
- Magical Beast: Vulpes are descended from awakened foxes.
- Small: Vulpes get a +1 bonus to AC and attack rolls, and a +4 bonus to Hide checks, but a -4 penalty to grapples and other such things.
- Vulpe base land speed is 30 feet.
- Stealthy Feet (Ex): Vulpes get a +4 bonus to Move Silently and Jump checks.
- Imaginative Camouflage (Ex): Vulpes get a +2 bonus to Hide in dim or no light, and a -2 penalty to Hide in bright light, due to their red fur. While wearing armor that covers up this coloration, they get no such bonus or penalty.
- Low-Light Vision (Ex): Vulpes can see twice as far as humans in dim light.
- Pointy Teeth: Vulpes have a natural bite attack that deals 1d4 damage.
- Automatic Languages: Common, Vulpine.
- Bonus Languages: Any, other than secret languages.
- Favored Class: Favored Class::Any. Vulpes do not maintain a strong society that forces them into roles.
- Level Adjustment: +Level Adjustment::0
- Effective Character Level: Effective Character Level::1
|10 months||+0||+1d2 months||+1d4 months|
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|5 years||11 years||16 years||+1d4 years|
|Gender||Base Length||Length Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||16"||+2d10"||8 lb.||× (1d4)/10 lb.|
|Female||16"||+2d10"||8 lb.||× (1d4)/10 lb.|