Dat Name Edit
Gay.... rogs? *Boggles* -- Eiji Hyrule 00:20, April 26, 2010 (UTC)
- Had been baseing it of of the Majipoor Chronicles, So was using the same name. Do you have a better name?
- is it Copyrighted? do you need the disclaimer at the bottom?--NameViolation 00:54, April 26, 2010 (UTC)
- Nearly anything could be a better name. I mean, just say that aloud.... yeah. Dunno what you'd call it, but I'd stay away from "Ghayrogs", "Zittin Diknipals", or similar names that sound really wrong. My personal name generation device is to take a descriptive word (say water for a watery-world in question) run it through google and either take my favorite translation from an obscure language, or take something "related" processed. Planet Gerridae is a unique name, but Gerridae refers to species of water striders. This does two things. It sounds unique for those who don't know what Gerridae means. And for those who do, they can enjoy the relevence of your name choice, rather than it being gibberish. And of course, as mentioned before, avoiding associating your name with gay rods or the like. -- Eiji Hyrule 00:55, April 26, 2010 (UTC)
- Inspired by only - most is my ideas (only the pseudo-reptile, and sleep stuff was taken from books). Thanks for picking that up --Franken Kesey 01:31, April 26, 2010 (UTC)
Mechanical Problems Edit
At this point in the game, I would like to know what mechanical problems this class has. Specificity the heart beat and yearling stuff. Thanks --Franken Kesey 17:52, September 30, 2010 (UTC)
|This article has not been favored by Ghostwheel, for the following reasons: Wait--so you're out of the story for a quarter to a third of the time? What kind of idiocy is this? Writing style feels short and forced with horrible transitions. If you don't sleep you die? Is this even flavor?? This needs to be in the mechanical section. Beyond that the racial abilities look retarded and inane, with attempted penalties of Strength and Charisma (lol, Charisma) given to outweigh things like telepathy, a +4 bonus to attacks and +2 to AC and a bunch of other things that are often irrelevent to most campaigns, such as ones that don't actually use bio-energy. I would never play this race, and wouldn't allow anyone to play one in my games.|
follow up on ratingEdit
A few alternatives:
- do away with hibernation, making them sleepless like other outsiders.
- Have put a disclaimer in summary
- the transformation from youngling to adult cannot occur within a campaign. So in essence this is a race and its variant. The variant for campaigns without the bio-energy ability. Although they are yin and yang to each other.
- one more LA
One question. How would you penalise their bio-energy ability's? --Franken Kesey 23:39, 28 October 2010 (UTC)