Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Wow 3.5 homebrew is fun!
So far this is the crunch I have.
- Medium Size
- 20’ movement.
- Living Construct Type
- +2 Constitution, +2 Strength
- Armoured Structure (Ex): The automaton is covered in metal plates that provide it with a +4 armor bonus. This plating is not natural armor and does not stack with other effects that give an armor bonus (other than natural armor). This composite plating occupies the same space on the body as a suit of armor or a robe, and thus a automaton cannot wear armor or magic robes. A automaton can be enchanted just as armor can be. The creature must be present for the entire time it takes to enchant him. Composite plating also provides a automaton with a 25% arcane spell failure chance, similar to the penalty for wearing medium armor. Any class ability that allows a automaton to ignore the arcane spell failure chance for light armor lets him ignore this penalty as well
- Forever Living: Hephaestus used his power to breathe life into his creations, using a heart of gold to contain this power, making all Automatons impossible to kill as long as they have a working vessel to carry them. Once a day when a Automaton is reduced to -10 or fewer hit points make a Fortitude Save with a DC equal to the total number of hit points they have below 0. If successful, as long as the Automaton has a physical body to inhabit (or is placed in a suitable vessel within a month of being reduced to -10 or fewer hit points) they gain their constitution score hit points.
- Heart of Gold: As long as an Automatons Heart of Gold remains intact, it may be removed or recovered (in the case of a “dead” Automaton) and placed in a newly built vessel (see Automaton Vessels).
- Favoured Class: Fighter and Barbarian
- Level Adjustment: +1
My intent is to make it possible to build and customise an Automatons vessel. Though I need to get the racial traits sound first.