Half-Nymph Racial TraitsEdit
- -2 Strength, -2 Constitution, +2 Wisdom, +2 Charisma: Half-nymphs are very beautiful and aesthetically pleasing by humanoid standards. A half-nymph's body, while beautiful is also somewhat weaker and frail.
- Humanoid (Subtype::Nymph).
- Medium: Half-nymphs are Size::Medium creatures and have no bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Half-nymph base land speed is 30 feet.
- Low-Light Vision (Ex): A half-nymph can see twice as far as a human in starlight, moonlight, torchlight, and similar conditions of poor illumination. She retains the ability to distinguish color under these conditions.
- Nymph Blood: For all effects related to race, a half-nymph is considered a nymph. Half-nymphs for example are just as vulnerable to special effects that affect nymphs as their nymph ancestors are, and they can use magic items that are only usable by nymphs. (See the Monster Manual for more information on nymphs, and the Dungeon Master's Guide for more information on magic items).
- Dazzling Glance (Su): As a standard action, a half-nymph can daze a creature within 30 feet with a look. The target creature must succeed at a Fortitude save (DC 10 + ½ your level + your Charisma modifier) or be dazed for 1 round. This is a supernatural ability, and can be used 3 times per day.
- +4 to Swim checks and a half-hymph can use the run action (up to 2x speed) while swimming, provided she swims in a straight line. Half-nymphs are natural swimmers and show unusual skill in the water.
- 4 extra skill points at 1st level and 1 extra skill point at each additional level. While a half-nymph's body takes more after its nymph parent, a half-nymph's mind takes more after its versatile and capable Human lineage (The 4 skill points at first level are added on as a bonus, not multiplied in; see the Players Handbook).
- Automatic Languages: Common and Sylvan.
- Bonus Languages: Any (other than secret languages such as Druidic). Half-nymphs have all of the versatility and broad (if shallow) experience that humans have.
- Favored Class: Bard, Druid
- Level Adjustment: +Level Adjustment::0
+1 LA progressionEdit
Half nymphs have strong personalities, are always elegant and graceful.
- +2 Charisma
- Awesome Beauty (Su): Your vibrant beauty can startle Humanoids. All humanoids within 30 feet (alies too, be carefull or warn them), who look directly at at the Half-Nymph (Reflex save DC 10 + ½ your level + your Charisma modifier to avoid) , must make a Will save (DC 10 + ½ your level + your Charisma modifier) or be shaken for 1 minute (Affects alies too.). This ability pulses and an onlooker who is not affected by the ability must roll both saves each round. If the target succeeds on its will saving throw, it is immune to your Awesome Beauty for 24 hours. The Half-Nymph can suppress or resume this ability as a Free Action. This is a Mind-Affecting (Compulsion) effect.
- Dazzling Glance (Su) can be used 6 times per day.
- +2 racial bonus on Diplomacy and Gather Information checks. A half-nymph's outgoing personality helps her get along naturally with all folk.
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|85 years||123 years||160 years||+3d20 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||4' 10"||+2d8||100 lb.||× (1d6) lb.|
|Female||4' 5"||+2d8||80 lb.||× (1d6) lb.|
- Weight changes: The decrease to bot strenght and constitution represents true skinnymess and frailness. Compare it to the elf weight table and they have just decreased constitution (Grey have low str too)
- Age changes: They are the offspring of a mortal, true, but the other parrent is a true immortal (simply won't die of old age)! The nymphs may be immortal due to a magical link to the Feywild, or simply "made" so becouse that is how they were deemed to be (beautifull forever, becouse beauty is good), but yet they are. Any offspring would either have a weaker connection, or simply "get a portion" of that HUGE life energy. Hence they live longer than Half-Elves, there is a parrent wit a potential 700 year lifespan and a mortal.
At 1 HD:
At 3 HD:
At 7 HD:
Gain bonus feat. Dazzling Glance (Su) can be used 6 times per day.
At 11 HD:
Unearthly Grace (Su): A half-nymph's scent and beauty is capable of distracting an opponent. A half-nymph adds her Charisma modifier as a deflection bonus to her armor class. The bonus to armor class does not work if the half-nymph wears any medium or heavy armor. Opponents with four or more levels than the half-nymph, are immune to this ability.
At 14 HD:
Making a Half-Nymph ParagonEdit
Abilities: Charisma is the most important ability for a Half-Nymph, as it fuels the Half-Nymphs Unearthly Grace ability and the Half-Nymph also gets bonuses on charisma related skill checks.
Races: This class is for Half-Nymphs only.
Starting Age: Simple
|1st||+0||+0||+2||+2||Divided Ansestry, Unearthly Grace||+1 level of existing class|
|2nd||+1||+0||+3||+3||Blessing of the Feywild||+1 level of existing class|
|3rd||+2||+1||+3||+3||Ability boost (+2 Charisma), Timeless||+1 level of existing class|
Class Skills (Skill Points::4 + Int modifier per level, ×4 at 1st level)
All of the following are class features of the Half-Nymph Paragon.
Weapon and Armor Proficiency: A Half-Nymph is proficient with all simple weapons, but not with any armors or shields.
Spellcasting: Half-Nymph Paragon gains new spells per day (and spells known if applicable) as if she had also gained a level in a spellcasting class she belonged to before gaining the level. She does not, however, gain any other benefit a character of that class would have gained (bonus metamagic or item creation feats, assassin or bard abilities, and so on). This essentially means that she adds the levels of Half-Nymph Paragon to the level in the spellcasting class, then determines the spells per day, spells known and caster level accordingly.
If a character had more than one spellcasting class before becoming a Half-Nymph Paragon, she must decide to which class she adds the levels of Half-Nymph Paragon. If a Half-Nymph Paragon has no levels in a spellcasting class, this feature has no effect.
Unearthly Grace (Su): A 1st level half-nymph paragon's scent and beauty is capable of distracting an opponent. A half-nymph paragon adds her Charisma modifier as a deflection bonus to her armor class. The bonus to armor class does not work if the half-nymph wears any medium or heavy armor. Opponents with five or more levels than the half-nymph, are immune to this ability.
Divided Ancestry (Ex): Unlike other racial paragons, half-nymphs can take levels in more than one racial paragon class. After gaining at least one level as a half-nymph paragon, a character can take either Nymph Paragon levels or human paragon levels (but not both).
Blessing of the Feywild (Su): At 2nd level a Half-Nymph Paragon adds her Charisma modifier as a bonus on all her saving throws.
Ability Boost (Ex): At 3rd level, a Half-Nymph Paragon's Charisma score increases by 2 points.
Timeless (Ex): : The Half-Nymph Paragon's body ceases to change with age, she no longer takes ability score penalties for aging and cannot be magically aged. Any penalties she may have already incurred, however, remain in place. Bonuses still accrue, and the Half-Nymph Paragon still dies of old age when her time is up.