|Date Created:||8th August 2008|
|Status:||In the Brewing pot|
|Editing:||Please feel free to edit constructively!|
Quite and to them selves, volaticus malum are a very anti-social creature that hides away from the world when ever it is possible to do so.
Volaticus malum are large furry bat-like creatures. They stand about 5 to 6 feet tall weight 110 to 160 pounds. Volaticus malum have large wings on there back capable of granting them flight. Most of the time they are covered in thick black fur, but its not completely unknown for the volaticus malum to have albino children that are entirely white. They have eye color in the range of yellow, dark blues, dark browns, and sometimes white.
Volaticus malum find friends among themselves. Most races believe them to be evil because they confuse them for the vicious undead vampires. This is just a misconception, but most believe it to be true. This has caused volaticus malum to be alone in the world a lot of the time, because "civilized society" as they call it, has rejected them.
Volaticus Malum rarely are lawful, for the laws of the world around them mean nothing. It's not completely unheard of to find a lawful volaticus malum, it's just very rare.
They are found throughout the caves of mountains, hidden deep under ground, or in the safety of over-grown forests. Volaticus malum really have no lands of their own, they only hide away in the lands of other creatures.
Volaticus malum practice no religion of their own, but they can take up the religions of others.
Volaticus malum speak Echo, a language spoken by all creatures who use echo-location to travel about. Because of there social outcast status, this is all they know.
Volaticus malum names are actually sequences of high pitched squeaks. So the average person would not understand. Volaticus malum sometimes give them selves names to deal with outsiders. The names are just words they have heard others use, and they pick one that sounds good to them. Examples: Spoon, Sword, Axe, Rope.
- +2 Strength, +2 Dexterity, -4 Constitution, +2 Intelligence, -4 Charisma: Volaticus malum are strong and fast. They are quite smart from always living on there toes and dodging encounters, but this has left them weak, and also given them poor social skills.
- Monstrous Humanoid: They are almost like humans except for the large set of wings on there back that enables them to fly.
- Volaticus Malum base land speed is 15ft: Fly Speed is 40ft.
- Natural Weapons: Bite attack 1d4, 2 claw attacks 1d6
- Nearly Blind: Volaticus Malum are almost blind there whole lives, relaying on there echo location to get around. they take a -10 on Spot checks, But a +10 on Listen. due to there highly attuned hearing
- Light Blindness: Abrupt exposure to bright light (such as sunlight or a daylight spell) blinds Volaticus Malum for 1 round. On subsequent rounds, they are dazzled as long as they remain in the affected area.
- Steal there life: Upon drinking the blood of a live victim that he has studied for 3 rounds a Volaticus Malum on a successful bite attack may drink the blood of the victim gaining temporary hit points equal to the damage done.
- Spell-Like Abilities: Volaticus Malum can use the following spell-like abilities once per day: darkness. Caster level equals the Volaticus Malum’s class levels.
- Automatic Languages: Echo.
- Bonus Languages: Common, Orc, Giant, Gnoll, Dwarven, Elven, Sylvan.
- Favored Class: Rogue
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|35 years||60 years||80 years||+1d4 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||5'2"||+2d12||80 lb.||× (1d4) lb.|
|Female||5'0"||+2d10||70 lb.||× (1d4) lb.|