|Ganteka Future (talk)|
|Date Created:||22 April 2010|
|Editing:||Please feel free to edit constructively!|
This race is, in essence, a complete reworking of the skandar and was built for demonstration purposes.
Trobgubs have a remarkable knack for causing trouble. They're easily frustrated and quickly resort to anger to smash to bits whatever is bugging them. Thankfully, this calms them down, at least for a bit.
These proudly towering hulks stand about nine feet tall, weigh 800 pounds and generally look like four-armed burley yetis, or upright girallons, with whom they share obvious superficial similarities. A trobgub's second set of arms protrudes from his sides about a third of the way down his torso. Trobgubs, hailing from cold environs, are covered in thick, insulating grayish blue wooly shag, darkening around their head and upper shoulders. Their faces sport short muzzles and elongate, but blunt, upper canines. Their teeth, as well as nails and eyes, are a fiery orange hue. A trobgub can open his jaw quite far, and often does so to howl or bite into something (food or opponent).
Trobgub males are a bit larger and taller than the females. Both sexes dress similarly, wearing the pelts, hides and furs of beasts, preferring comfort and practicality over fashion. Most trobgubs also carry weapons for hunting, favoring those weapons which also double as tools, such as hammers and axes. Though, being dull and simplistic, they don't make these implements themselves, rather choosing to barter or acquire by force.
Trobgubs are essentially too wild as a group to get along with civilized races. Their rampant outburts of destruction and disregard for the physical safety of others has placed them among "monsters" in the eyes of most folk.
Trobgubs do what they want, when they want, to who they want to do it to. Most trobgubs are chaotic, and are difficult to muster for goodness or evil, being to absorbed in survival and rampaging.
Hailing from frigid and harsh lands of ice and snow, trobgubs are most at home in these conditions. Though, many trobgubs take to wandering, and their homeland of origin is just lousy with magic gates that lead far and wide. As such, may trobgubs get hopelessly lost in other places and worlds. Being tough, they grimace and adapt the best they can, but it certainly does nothing to sooth their tempers.
Trobgub communities typically consist of a half-dozen to a dozen families living in a tightly-packed commune. Everyone who is able is expected to work, even the young. Those who are not willing to contribute are banished. Refusal to obey this order often leads to bloodshed.
These communities are semi-nomadic, and trobgubs pack up everything they own onto pack-animals, if they have them, every few months in search of new hunting grounds or to avoid harsh weather.
With such a low level of technology, they rely heavily on shamans for magic as a tool for everyday life.
Trobgubs have no known religion. Whether they are too dull to understand or just not interested in worship and higher power is debatable. Some scholars speculate that their homeland is simply ignored by a vast majority of gods. Truth be told, trobgubs don't need religion and most gods typically prefer not to preach to deaf ears when efforts are better directed on the faithful.
Trobgubs aren't much for talking, preferring to yell, growl, snarl, spit, stomp and grumble to get their point across. When they actually have to carry on a conversation, they resort to Giant as their primary language, though they also teach their young Common as well.
Trobgubs typically don't even have names. It's just another detail they don't bother with. Though, important members of their commune, such as a brutish alpha-male or a shaman may have names. Typically, they refer to each other by whatever their job is among their commune.
- +4 Strength, -2 Intelligence, -2 Charisma: Trobgubs are strong, for sure, but they're not very bright, nor do they have a strong sense of self.
- Outsider (Xenotheric): Unlike most other living creatures, a trobgub does not have a dual nature; his soul and body form one unit. When he is slain, no soul is set loose. Spells that restore souls to their bodies, such as raise dead, reincarnate, and resurrection, don’t work on him. It takes a different magical effect, such as limited wish, wish, miracle, or true resurrection to restore him to life. Trobgubs breathe and eat, but do not need to sleep (although they may do so if they wish).
- Large: Trobgubs suffer a -1 size penalty on attacks and a -4 size penalty on Hide skill checks. However, he gains a +4 size bonus on the bull rush, grapple, overrun, and trip special attacks. Additionally, he occupies a 10 foot square and has 10 foot reach. His carrying capacity is twice that of a medium-sized creature.
- Trobgub base land speed is 40 feet.
- Racial Hit Dice: A trobgub begins with four levels of outsider, which provide 4d8 Hit Dice, a base attack bonus of +4 (as fighter), and base saving throw bonuses of Fortitude +4, Reflex +4, and Will +4.
- Racial Skills: A trobgub isn't quite as naturally talented at skills as most other outsiders. His outsider levels give him skill points equal to (4 + Int modifier, minimum 1) per Hit Die, with quadruple skill points for the first Hit Die. His class skills are
- Feats: A trobgub’s outsider levels give him two feats.
- Darkvision out to 60 feet.
- Proficient with all simple and martial weapons. Proficient with light and medium armors and shields (but not tower shields).
- Immunity to poison, polymorphing, petrification and form-altering effects.
- Trobgubs gain the Varia Skin feat as a racial bonus feat.
- Four Arms: A trobgub has four arms, and as such, is eligible to take the Multiweapon Fighting feat.
- Bio-Energy (Ex): Xenotheric metabolism is capable of yielding large amounts of biological energy that can be used for different purposes. A xenotheric creature's bio-energy pool can hold a maximum amount of charges equal to 3 plus the Xenotheric creature's Constitution modifier (minimum 1), and recharges at a rate of 1 charge per minute. These charges may be expended to facilitate certain special powers. Some of these powers are exclusive to specific Xenotheric species, whereas others can be accessed through various Xenotheric feats.
- Telepathic Static (Ex): Trobgubs lack the typical xenotheric telepathy, but can spend one point of bio-energy as a swift action to emit a telepathic distortion in a radius of 60 feet that potentially disrupts nearby telepathy for a number of rounds equal to his Constitution modifier. Creatures attempting to communicate telepathically within or through the radius must make a Concentration check (DC 10 + 1/2 his HD + his Constitution modifier) or be unable to receive telepathic communication.
- Adrenal Boost (Ex): Living in the cold, trobgubs occasionally need a quick boost to vitalize their system. His heart-rate rises and he gets all twitchy and agressive. As a swift action, he may spend 1 bio-energy charge to gain a +2 speed bonus on attack rolls, a +2 dodge bonus to AC and Reflex saves, a +2 bonus on bull rush, grapple, overrun, trip plus a +2 bonus to Strength-based and Dexterity-based checks and skills. Additionally, he gains a +20 enhancement bonus to his movement speeds. These effects don't stack with those granted by haste. These effects last until the start of his next turn.
- Face Bite (Ex): Whenever a trobgub pins an opponent in a grapple, he gains a bite attack as a primary natural weapon that deals 1d6 damage against that opponent as long as he keeps this opponent pinned within the grapple. An attack with a primary natural weapon uses the trobgub’s full attack bonus, and its damage includes his full Strength modifier (1-1/2 times his Strength bonus if the attack is with his sole natural weapon).
- Automatic Languages: Common and Giant.
- Bonus Languages: Dwarven, Gnome, Goblin, Orc and Terran.
- Favored Class: Favored Class::Any
- Level Adjustment: +Level Adjustment::0
- Effective Character Level: Effective Character Level::4
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|22 years||44 years||66 years||+4d6 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||8' 8"||+2d8||700 lb.||× (2d8) lb.|
|Female||8' 4"||+2d6||660 lb.||× (2d8) lb.|