|This material is published under the OGL|
Jungle Dwarves Edit
Because of their height, dwarves can duck under vegetation that impedes humans—yet they are stockier than gnomes or halflings, and able to bull through what they can’t avoid. Hardy to a fault, jungle dwarves are explorers, pathfinders, and traveling merchants.
Racial Traits: Jungle dwarves have the following racial traits.
- +2 Constitution, –2 Charisma.
- Humanoid (Dwarf).
- Medium: As Medium creatures, jungle dwarves have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Jungle dwarf base land speed is 20 feet. However, jungle dwarves can move at this speed even when wearing medium or heavy armor or when carrying a medium or heavy load (unlike other creatures, whose speed is reduced in such situations).
- Low-Light Vision: A jungle dwarf can see twice as far as a human in starlight, moonlight, torchlight, and similar conditions of poor illumination. He retains the ability to distinguish color and detail under these conditions.
- Weapon Familiarity: Jungle dwarves may treat dwarven waraxes and dwarven urgroshes as martial weapons, rather than exotic weapons.
- Stability: A jungle dwarf gains a +4 bonus on ability checks made to resist being bull rushed or tripped when standing on the ground (but not when climbing, flying, riding, or otherwise not standing firmly on the ground).
- +2 racial bonus on saving throws against poison.
- +2 racial bonus on saving throws against spells and spell-like effects.
- +1 racial bonus on attack rolls against orcs and goblinoids.
- +4 dodge bonus to Armor Class against monsters of the giant type. Any time a creature loses its Dexterity bonus (if any) to Armor Class, such as when it’s caught flat-footed, it loses its dodge bonus, too.
- +2 racial bonus on Appraise checks that are related to stone or metal items.
- +2 racial bonus on Heal, Knowledge (nature), and Survival checks: Jungle dwarves know a great deal about what lives in the jungle, and are adept at finding it (or avoiding it, as the case may be).
- +2 racial bonus on Spot checks: Jungle dwarves have keen eyesight.
- Automatic Languages: Common and Dwarven. Bonus Languages: Giant, Gnome, Goblin, Orc, Terran, and Undercommon.
- Favored Class: Ranger. A multiclass jungle dwarf’s ranger class does not count when determining whether he takes an experience point penalty for multiclassing. Jungle dwarves need both outdoor skills and combat proficiency to survive.
- Level Adjustment: +0.