|This material is published under the OGL|
Desert Half-Orcs Edit
The deserts of the world are harsh places, and ideal testing grounds for the chosen people of orc gods. Many tribes of orcs live in isolated desert canyons or the ruins of ancient cities, now abandoned to the sands. Often their mutual dependence on sources of fresh water brings them into contact with desert-dwelling human barbarians. The resulting offspring, valued for their tenacity, courage, and combat prowess, are often welcome in places where full-blooded orcs are not.
Racial Traits: Desert half-orcs have the following racial traits.
- +2 Constitution, –2 Intelligence: The desert half-orc is lean and hardy rather than muscular, but has adapted to be more socially adept than a typical half-orc. A desert half-orc’s starting Intelligence score is always at least 3. If this adjustment would lower the character’s score to 1 or 2, his score is nevertheless 3.
- Humanoid (Orc).
- Medium: As Medium creatures, desert half-orcs have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Desert half-orc base land speed is 30 feet.
- Low-Light Vision: A desert half-orc can see twice as far as a human in starlight, moonlight, torchlight, and similar conditions of poor illumination. He retains the ability to distinguish color and detail under these conditions.
- Heat Endurance: Desert half-orcs gain a +4 racial bonus on Fortitude saves made to resist the effects of hot weather.
- Run: Desert half-orcs receive Run as a racial bonus feat. Typically too poor to afford mounts, half-orcs learn from an early age to get from place to place by running.
- Orc Blood: For all effects related to race, a desert half-orc is considered an orc.
- Automatic Languages: Common and Orc. Bonus Languages: Draconic, Giant, Gnoll, Goblin, and Abyssal.
- Favored Class: Barbarian. A multiclass desert half-orc’s barbarian class does not count when determining whether he takes an experience point penalty.
- Level Adjustment: +0.