|This material is published under the OGL|
Desert Goblins Edit
Desert goblins are feared and reviled because their appearance often heralds the arrival of a horde of nomadic hobgoblins and bugbears. As the desert dwarf proverb puts it, “The only good thing about goblins is that once they arrive, you know they’ll soon be gone.”
Desert goblins take up adventuring for many reasons. While most goblins are neutral evil, many have different beliefs and seek like-minded individuals outside the tribe. Some lack opportunities to advance, and they ire of living on the scraps of those with more authority or higher social position.
Racial Traits: Desert goblins have the following racial traits.
- +2 Dexterity, –2 Strength, –2 Charisma.
- Humanoid (Goblinoid).
- Small size: +1 bonus to Armor Class, +1 bonus on attack rolls, +4 bonus on Hide checks, –4 penalty on grapple checks, lifting and carrying limits 3/4 of those of Medium characters.
- A desert goblin’s base land speed is 30 feet.
- Low-Light Vision: A desert goblin can see twice as far as a human in starlight, moonlight, torchlight, and similar conditions of poor illumination. He retains the ability to distinguish color and detail under these conditions.
- Heat Endurance: Desert goblins gain a +4 racial bonus on Fortitude saves made to resist the effects of hot weather.
- +4 racial bonus on Move Silently checks and Ride checks.
- +2 racial bonus on Gather Information checks: Desert goblins soak up gossip like sponges when they visit towns or settlements.
- Automatic Languages: Common, Goblin. Bonus Languages: Draconic, Elven, Giant, Gnoll, Orc.
- Favored Class: Rogue.
- Level Adjustment: +0.