|This material is published under the OGL|
Arctic kobolds are seldom seen outside their mines. They dig constantly, always expanding their subterranean territory (which is often carefully constructed to tap into geothermal vents for heat), and as a result are in constant conflict with arctic dwarves. Arctic kobolds often hire mercenaries to fight for them, hiding behind their carefully constructed traps and other defenses and paying their defenders with the mineral wealth they uncover while expanding their warrens.
Racial Traits: Arctic kobolds have the following racial traits.
- +2 Dexterity, –2 Strength, –2 Constitution, −2 Wisdom. Arctic kobolds are stronger than other kobolds, but are weaker of will.
- Humanoid (Reptilian).
- Small size: +1 bonus to Armor Class, +1 bonus on attack rolls, +4 bonus on Hide checks, –4 penalty on grapple checks, lifting and carrying limits 3/4 of those of Medium characters.
- An arctic kobold’s base land speed is 30 feet.
- Darkvision out to 60 feet.
- +1 natural armor bonus.
- Light Sensitivity (Ex): Arctic kobolds are dazzled in bright sunlight or within the radius of a daylight spell.
- Cold Endurance: Arctic kobolds have a +4 racial bonus on Fortitude saves made to resist the effects of cold weather or exposure.
- +2 racial bonus on Craft (trapmaking), Profession (miner), and Search checks.
- Automatic Language: Draconic. Bonus Languages: Common, Undercommon.
- Favored Class: Sorcerer.
- Level Adjustment: +0.