Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|This material is published under the OGL|
Arctic Gnomes Edit
Arctic gnomes travel the ice and snow on cleverly constructed sleds pulled by immense woolly mammoths. The animals serve as transportation, a source of fibers for weaving, and walls against the elements. The sleds are enclosed, often transporting entire families.
Racial Traits: Arctic gnomes have the following racial traits.
- +2 Constitution, –2 Strength.
- Humanoid (Gnome).
- Small: As a Small creature, an arctic gnome gains a +1 size bonus to Armor Class, a +1 size bonus on attack rolls, and a +4 size bonus on Hide checks, but he uses smaller weapons than humans use, and his lifting and carrying limits are three-quarters of those of a Medium character.
- Arctic gnome base land speed is 20 feet.
- Low-Light Vision: An arctic gnome can see twice as far as a human in starlight, moonlight, torchlight, and similar conditions of poor illumination. He retains the ability to distinguish color and detail under these conditions.
- Weapon Familiarity: Arctic gnomes may treat gnome hooked hammers as martial weapons rather than exotic weapons.
- Cold Endurance: Arctic gnomes have a +4 racial bonus on Fortitude saves made to resist the effects of cold weather or exposure.
- +2 racial bonus on saving throws against illusions.
- Add +1 to the Difficulty Class for all saving throws against illusion spells cast by arctic gnomes. This adjustment stacks with those from similar effects.
- +1 racial bonus on attack rolls against kobolds and goblinoids.
- +4 dodge bonus to Armor Class against monsters of the giant type. Any time a creature loses its Dexterity bonus (if any) to Armor Class, such as when it’s caught flat-footed, it loses its dodge bonus, too.
- +2 racial bonus on Listen checks.
- +2 racial bonus on Sense Motive checks: Arctic gnomes always seem to know when there welcome is wearing out.
- Automatic Languages: Common and Gnome. Bonus Languages: Draconic, Dwarven, Elven, Giant, Goblin, and Orc. In addition, an arctic gnome can speak with a burrowing mammal (a badger, fox, rabbit, or the like, see below). This ability is innate to arctic gnomes. See the speak with animals spell description.
- Spell-Like Abilities: 1/day—speak with animals (burrowing mammal only, duration 1 minute). An arctic gnome with a Charisma score of at least 10 also has the following spell-like abilities: 1/day—dancing lights, ghost sound, prestidigitation. Caster level 1st; save DC 10 + arctic gnome’s Cha modifier + spell level.
- Favored Class: Bard. A multiclass arctic gnome’s bard class does not count when determining whether he takes an experience point penalty.
- Level Adjustment: +0.