|This material is published under the OGL|
Aquatic elves sometimes wed aquatic humans, just as land-based elves sometimes marry surface dwelling humans. The aquatic results are aquatic half-elf children. They often serve as the diplomats and negotiators for either their human or elf communities, depending on where they live.
Racial Traits: Aquatic half-elves have the following racial traits.
- Humanoid (Aquatic, Elf): An aquatic half-elf has the aquatic subtype. An aquatic half-elf can breathe underwater. She cannot also breathe air unless she also has the amphibious special quality. She can hold her breath outside the water for 2 rounds per point of Constitution. After that, she begins to suffocate.
- Medium: As Medium creatures, aquatic half-elves have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Aquatic half-elf base land speed is 30 feet.
- Aquatic half-elf swim speed is 40 feet. An aquatic half-elf can move through water at her swim speed without making Swim checks. She has a +8 racial bonus on any Swim check to perform some action or avoid a hazard. She can always choose to take 10 on a Swim check, even if distracted or endangered. She can use the run action while swimming, provided she swims in a straight line.
- Immunity to sleep spells and similar magical effects, and a +2 racial bonus on saving throws against enchantment spells or effects.
- Low-Light Vision: An aquatic half-elf can see twice as far as a human in starlight, moonlight, torchlight, and similar conditions of poor illumination. She retains the ability to distinguish color and detail under these conditions.
- +1 racial bonus on Listen, Search, and Spot checks.
- +2 racial bonus on Diplomacy checks.
- +2 racial bonus on Survival checks: Aquatic half-elves spend a great deal of time traveling between elf and human settlements on their diplomacy work, and so are accustomed to surviving in the undersea wilderness.
- Elven Blood: For all effects related to race, an aquatic half-elf is considered an elf.
- Automatic Languages: Common and Elven. Bonus Languages: Any (other than secret languages, such as Druidic).
- Favored Class: Any. When determining whether a multiclass aquatic half-elf takes an experience point penalty, her highest-level class does not count.
- Level Adjustment: +0*.