Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Date Created:||Aug 25, 2010|
|Editing:||Please feel free to edit constructively!|
- Dungeonscape (Factotum)
- Miniatures Handbook (Marshal, Living Chain)
- Races of Faerun (Jotunbrud)
- Tome of Battle (Warblade)
- SRD (War Mind)
- Complete Warrior (Warshaper)
- Magic Item Compendium
- Magic of Faerun (Sweeping enhancement)
Game Rule Components Edit
Starting Ability Scores Assuming 32 Point Buy: Str 10 Dex 12 Con 14 Int 16 Wis 12 Cha 16
Race (Templates): Race::Human
|Saving Throws||Feats|| Class|
|1st||Factotum 1||+0||+0||+2||+0||Exotic Weapon Proficiency: Spiked Chain, Jotunbrud, Combat Expertise (flaw), Improved Trip (flaw)||2 Inspiration Points, Cunning Insight, Cunning Knowledge, Trapfinding|
|2nd||Factotum 2||+1||+0||+3||+0||—||Arcane Dilettante (1 spell, 0th level), 3 Inspiration Points|
|3rd||Factotum 3||+2||+1||+3||+1||Wild Talent||Arcane Dilettante (1st level), Brains Over Brawn, Cunning Defense|
|4th||Marshal 1||+2||+3||+3||+3||Skill Focus (Diplomacy)||Motivate Strength Aura|
|5th||Warblade 1||+3||+5||+3||+3||—||Battle Clarity (Reflex Saves), Weapon Aptitude|
|6th||War Mind 1||+4||+7||+5||+3||Practiced Manifester (War Mind)||Chain of personal superiority +2|
|7th||War Mind 2||+5||+8||+6||+3||—||Chain of defensive posture +2|
|8th||War Mind 3||+6/+1||+8||+6||+4||—||Enduring body (DR 1/—)|
|9th||War Mind 4||+7/+2||+9||+7||+4||Combat Reflexes||—|
|10th||War Mind 5||+8/+3||+9||+7||+4||—||Sweeping strike|
|11th||War Mind 6||+9/+4||+10||+8||+5||—||Enduring body (DR 2/—)|
|12th||War Mind 7||+10/+5||+10||+8||+5||Martial Study (Some Devoted Spirit Maneuver)||Chain of personal superiority +4|
|13th||War Mind 8||+11/+6/+1||+11||+9||+5||—||Chain of defensive posture +4|
|14th||War Mind 9||+12/+7/+2||+11||+9||+6||—||Enduring body (DR 3/—)|
|15th||War Mind 10||+13/+8/+3||+12||+10||+6||Expanded Knowledge (Metamorphosis)||Chain of overwhelming force|
|16th||Warshaper 1||+13/+8/+3||+14||+10||+6||—||Morphic immunities, morphic weapons|
|17th||Warshaper 2||+14/+9/+4||+15||+11||+7||—||Morphic body|
|18th||Warshaper 3||+15/+10/+5||+15||+11||+7||Martial Aura (Thicket of Blades)||Morphic reach|
|19th||Warshaper 4||+16/+11/+6/+1||+16||+11||+7||—||Morphic healing|
|20th||Warblade 2||+17/+12/+7/+2||+17||+11||+7||—||Uncanny Dodge|
- +6 Belt of Giant Strength
- +6 Headband of Intelligence
- +6 Cloak of Charisma
- +6 Paraipt of Wisdom
- +5 Tome of Intelligence
- +5 Tome of Charisma
- +5 Sweeping "Living Chain" (a special spiked chain from the Miniatures Handbook)
- Armbands of Might (MIC)
- Pale Green Ioun Stone
- Stone of Good Luck
- Adds Int to trip attacks at level 3 from Brains over Brawn
- Adds Cha to trip attacks at level 4 from Motivate Strength Aura
- Adds Int to reflex saves when not flat-footed (which uncanny dodge takes care of)
- Increases Int every 4 levels for a total of 32 Int (+11)
- Charisma ends up at 26-27 (+8)
- Final trip is +75 (in sun giant form with augmented expansion): +4 (Improved Trip) +4 (Jotunbrud) +16 (Size) +20 (Strength) +2 (armbands of might) +1 (Pale Green Ioun Stone) +1 (Stone of Good Luck) +4 (Sweeping enhancement) +4 (Living Chain) +11 (Int from brains over brawn) +8 (Cha from motivate strength)
- Strength is 37 (sun giant base) +4 (warshaper) +6 (item) +4 (expansion)
- Compare to the Tarrasque, which has a +37 to oppose the trip: +16 (size) +17 (str) +4 quadrupedal.
- You can get an extra +2 by using chain of personal superiority
- You can get another +2 if you take the Stone Dragon stance: Stonefoot Stance (but you can't use thicket of blades at the same time).
- Has a reach of 65ft. (Colossal sized in sun giant form, spiked chain, morphic reach)
- Sweeping strike can allow you to make optimal use of your trip attacks.
- You deal 8d6 + 20 damage per attack (average of 48) and you can add your Int mod (+11) a few times to the attack roll or damage roll each combat.
Basically, you want to turn into a big nasty sun giant and use your spiked chain to trip every enemy within your reach. You don't deal much damage (although 8d6 + 20 per attack is nothing to sneeze at), but that doesn't matter too much because you provide very good zone control.
Further Optimization Edit
- Knock Down always helps a tripping build
- Typical meleer weaknesses (concealment, illusions, invisibility, etc.)
- Replace the last 3 levels with Swashbuckler levels to get Int to damage. (exp penalty)
- Replace the last 3 levels with Warblade levels to get a 11th IL warblade maneuver at level 19 and a 12th IL warblade stance at level 20. (exp penalty)
- You may want to forgo Thicket of Blades if you do this in favor of the high level stance, which frees up two feats.
- Replace the last 5 levels (all of the warshaper levels) for 5 factotum levels to have the ability to gain an extra standard action for 3 inspiration points.