Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Pay for a Class Feature? Edit
Class features really should be something that you get for free, not something that you have to pay for. It's pretty weak anyway -- why not do something like Lizardfolk Paragon? Also, please have a link to the actual race somewhere in the page! Surgo 16:03, June 16, 2010 (UTC)
- You're not actually paying for the class feature, rather it's opening up an option previously not available. It would be like giving a monk the ability to magically enhance his own fists. The monk is free not to do so, but he may instead of sinking the gold into bracers of mighty fists or some other item.
- As far as power, can't comment on that yet. -- Eiji Hyrule 20:11, June 16, 2010 (UTC)
- The option was previously available -- you could buy armor. Besides, that's irrelevant: if you don't shell out the cash, the class feature doesn't actually do anything. And if it doesn't do anything, that's a lot like not having it in the first place. Surgo 21:03, June 16, 2010 (UTC)
- It is a free 1,800 gp at level 2. But I see your point. I was reluctant to just say "at 5 HD you get light fortification and then at higher levels you get free better stuff.". In retrospect, it is probably fine just to give the fortifications for free. --Andrew Arnott (talk, email) 02:13, June 17, 2010 (UTC)
- I'm Sol-Eiji the Lunatic Sun, and I approve of this change. -- Eiji Hyrule 05:16, June 17, 2010 (UTC)