damage should be 2d8 +22, not 18. and shouldn't it have fire vulnerability, since its a steel type pokemon and fire pwns them--NameViolation 05:59, March 21, 2010 (UTC)
- Not surprising, it looked like that wasn't changed between the two. Fixed.
- And - I'm hesitant to outright give it fire vulnerability; you can check the Bulbasaur page for prior discussion about this. Scizor and Gyarados have the whole "take double damage from X type of energy", yeah, but they have 4x effectiveness in the games. And even then it's usually "-10 to saves".
- I expect to write up Paras/Parasect at some point, and they'll definitely have something along those lines; I expect that anything with 4x weakness to an actual D&D energy type should get the same. --Quantumboost 17:19, March 21, 2010 (UTC)
- > why dr/wood? i thought steel-type made it not take the extra damage from plant?
- It's probably still a holdover from Onix's DR.
- > also i'd use SRD:Vulnerability to Energy for vulnerability in general. its an extra half damage fail or pass. double damage and -10 to saves is 3.0(?)(i think)
- Yes, I'm aware of how 3.5 Energy Vulnerability works. But I see no particular reason to alter how the monsters work more than is necessary for compatibility. I didn't write this or any of the monsters with an Original Creator, I'm uploading them from preexisting documents and doing the necessary things for them to be a) rules-legal and b) conform to the wiki's formatting and any balance standards brought up. Maybe some other changes, like messing with non-mechanical subtypes. --Quantumboost 19:28, March 21, 2010 (UTC)