Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Some (unrequested) helpEdit
I was scrolling through the recent changes and I saw "Sorcerer, Tome" and I was obviously intrigued. I'm not going to try to help you with any mechanical things, because I'd be of no use. However, I did notice your page is getting long and gross. That, I can (kinda) help with. I quickly threw this together to make your page more readable. Use it if you want, ignore it if you don't. It's kinda gross, code-wise, but reading the page becomes much easier. --The Badger 05:17, April 27, 2010 (UTC)
Scion of Madness (Ex): You may act normally while dazed or confused. This ability does not function if a dazed status was inflicted upon you by a spell that you cast yourself.
Special Skills: Knowledge (Dungeoneering & Planes), Linguistics, Swim
- Oh sweet. That makes things a lot nicer, thanks. I was probably going to have to do something like that eventually. --Quantumboost 05:31, April 27, 2010 (UTC)
- Sweet god yes. This (or something similar) +9001 unless you're going to split them out from the main writeup (which might not be bad anyway).
- Also, is this based on the alpha pathfinder suggestion? If so, it's nice to see some life being breathed back into it. If not, lucky you, I can point you at some suggested power setups :-) - TarkisFlux 05:35, April 27, 2010 (UTC)
- It is in fact based on the Alpha Pathfinder suggestion. Hence why I'm using the exact same power paths Frank posted there. :D
- And yeah, probably should split them off into their own pages at some point. --Quantumboost 05:49, April 27, 2010 (UTC)
Sorcerous Technique Edit
A sorc will gain eight of these, and have four options to spend them on (three of which can be taken multiple times, admittedly).
Maybe more techniques are in order? Also, maybe Armored Mage should granted proficiency with the relevant armor catergory (after all, Counterspell Reflexes gives immediate counterspelling and the feat Improved Counterspell to boot). Without built in proficiency, they end up needing to dip, or spend three feats to end up on par with a warmage, who only spent one feat, and also did it a level earlier.
Just a thought.--Tavis McCricket 20:18, May 6, 2010 (UTC)
- Yes, more techniques are in order, hence its status as a sandboxed class. This is a work in progress. I expect to eventually have 8ish distinct abilities (including the three Armored Mage levels) that aren't the Extra Spell or Metamagic options.
- @Armor Proficiency: Fair enough, proficiency with that type of armor wouldn't drastically change its overall power and would mesh better without having to multiclass. --Quantumboost 22:17, May 6, 2010 (UTC)
I recently moved all of the tome metamagic feats into the Spellcasting type to end confusion on the matter. I don't know if the bonus metamagic feats here were supposed to be regular ones or the tome ones, but if the latter you'll need to change text here :-/ - TarkisFlux 18:41, July 12, 2010 (UTC)
- Original intent was that it would be the regular ones for baseline games, so changes won't be necessary. Thanks for the notification. --Quantumboost 19:28, July 12, 2010 (UTC)