wow. 10d6 sa and perfect casting, among other things. broke IMHO.--NameViolation 04:06, September 29, 2009 (UTC)
- Death Attack is not sneak attack, the class is supposed to be used with this class. --Leziad 04:27, September 29, 2009 (UTC)
- The death attack requires a full round of study before you get one attack at the bonus on the second round... and if you'd been taking an SA class you'd have picked up as much or more SA dice in that same period. And the 'full' spellcasting is a carry over of the Assassin's bard rate (max 6th level) divination, illusion, and necromancy off of the wizard list (so no higher level stuff at lower level to compensate)... which is hardly awesome on its own. It's really not broke, but I can see how it would look that way if you weren't familiar with the death attack requirement. - TarkisFlux 05:41, September 29, 2009 (UTC)
- Spellcasting should probably be labelled as Assassin only. Then again, getting other spellcasting puts you off to level 6 before you qualify, so you're casting like an 11th level character at 16th level. Which is pretty much where you were before. But you could theoretically pull some Ur-Priest-style tricks. It might be good for the flavor to put it in, anyway. --IGTN 07:03, September 29, 2009 (UTC)
- Eh, you could make it arcane spellcasting only and let people do something bizarre like that if they wanted without me worrying too much. I don't see a reason to keep it strictly assassin progression, but limiting it to arcane is probably a good idea. - TarkisFlux 17:35, September 29, 2009 (UTC)
damn it. this is my problem with the frank and k stuff. i never know if someone is using that system. i don't use their works and its hard to tell OP from a different system.--NameViolation 18:43, September 29, 2009 (UTC)
- Except for the Category:Tome link at the bottom and all of the links to the Frank&K Assassin all over the class, like in the description of the Death Attack ability.
- That having been said, I have another criticism of the class; it's too specific. Why should Shadowdancers be exclusively assassins? Why can't there be any Shadowdancer Thief-Acrobats, Rogues, or Monks? A quick adaptation by changing the prerequisites and continuing abilities is easy: just continue their choice of Death attack & Spellcasting, more skill points & Sneak Attack, or Fighting Styles, but why not have a more general Shadowdancer? --IGTN 19:29, September 29, 2009 (UTC)