most vermin/animals with high dex have weapon finesse as a bonus feat. just sayin it would help. and be awesome. its crit range is too uber Imho. even the tarrasque only has 18–20/x3. Maybe 19-20x4, but x7 is too good --NameViolation 03:35, March 16, 2010 (UTC)
- Scyther has a positive Strength modifier and is Medium, though, which is more than the creatures who usually get Weapon Finesse as a bonus feat can say. And the Tarrasque isn't a good comparison for crit range, as its thing is that it's huge and really hard to kill, which doesn't require actually high crit multipliers. Scyther has what amounts to dual-wielding +3 keen heavy picks with some expanded crit multiplier that it can't get iterative attacks on - that's powerful, yes, but I'm not convinced it's "overpowered" in itself. --Quantumboost 03:46, March 16, 2010 (UTC)
- Scratch that, technically they have higher base damage than picks; but still. Quantumboost 03:53, March 16, 2010 (UTC)
- Actually, it can't make iterative attacks because they're natural weapons. So even when advanced in hit dice, it still can't make iterative attacks. --Quantumboost 04:19, March 16, 2010 (UTC)
- yes, but its bab isn't high enough for extra attacks. i guess it doesn't get the haste attack. personally i'd make Fury swipes a pokemon ability and let any pokemon with the ability make the iterative attacks. i'd also have imp nat attack be a bonus feat or weapon finesse, and drop the +3 enhancement to attack and damage. it would get higher benefit from cats grace (is that suppost to be dnd verson of swords dance?), it would leave its attacks the same, or +2 when buffed, then haste, making it a total buffed + 14 to hit. but now i'm ranting. I might try and make a variant for variants sake.--NameViolation 21:36, March 16, 2010 (UTC)
- > I guess it doesn't get the haste attack
- Haste gives an extra attack "with any weapon he is holding". That... could be interpreted to disclude claw attacks, I guess. But that's a separate question from whether it gets iterative attacks (the answer to which is "no").
- > is that supposed to be a DnD version of swords dance?
- "Supposed to" should probably be directed to the author (i.e., Koumei) as I can't even begin to speculate how her thought process works. It seems to have that behavior, so if you want to call out "SCYTHER used SWORDS DANCE" when it casts that, I won't complain.
- > but now i'm ranting. I might try and make a variant for variants sake.
- Follow your dreams. That drastic a revision from the author's work is more than what I'm comfortable with as a maintainer, but you, I, or anyone is free to write up a different Scyther entry if they want. --Quantumboost 22:40, March 16, 2010 (UTC)
now that its a magical beast its hd, bab and reflex save all need to go up--NameViolation 14:15, March 30, 2010 (UTC)