|Jota II's Favor|
|This article has been favored and rated Good by Jota II, for the following reasons: It's good to see some of the core paladin features made available to crusaders, offering the same flavor in an much more useful package. I like the choice to pull Mettle from Crusader, the Devoted Smiting, and the Half-Celestial template is also a nice touch -- I think a little more innovation like that would have been nice rather than a simple re-hashing of paladin abilities, but I understand that may not have been the design intent. The relative lack of maneuvers known compared to crusaders is an interesting choice; not really sure why you choose that as I'm not sure the class features are that superior to a straight Crusader, though I suppose on a charging build they might be. I wonder if you couldn't offer the half-celestial template earlier (maybe even in place of the relatively bland celestial option) as I really like the way it expands on the usefulness of the mount as a partner to the paladin and not just something to charge in on. I don't think flight would be a concern at level 13, but it's your call. The lack of additional granted maneuvers is another point of contention for me. It's not a huge loss, but it is definitely something to note. There would be no relevance to that if the base was not crusader, but the prerequisites do suggest crusader. Might be something worth considering.|
- Thanks for the critique and favor! I ended up implementing several of your suggestions. I moved the half-celestial template down to character level 13 and the celestial template down to character level 11. I also added in extra granted maneuvers: that was just an oversight (the base class is supposed to be crusader).
- I also decided to make Divine Grace work more like a maneuver (and use a maneuver as a trade-off). I'm not sure if the 30ft. radius version is abusive, but I figured that it makes a great defender (when all your allies are hard to hit, they will probably go after you). --Andrew Arnott (talk, email) 14:28, July 7, 2010 (UTC)
Lawl, I keep inspiring others to make stuff based on my work. I feel.... h...a....p...p...y.... -- Eiji Hyrule 20:45, April 7, 2010 (UTC)
- What work in particular are you talking about? I don't mean to burst your bubble of joy, but I sorta came up with this idea as I was working on an optimized build (and reading ToB stuffs). I was thinking: "ToB is pretty cool. I wonder if there would be an easy way to port existing classes over to the ToB system". And then I thought: "Hrm. Paladins are sort of a prestigious role. I mean, there were tons of Crusaders during the crusades, but not many Paladins". That's where this idea came from. --Andrew Arnott (talk, email) 20:57, April 7, 2010 (UTC)
- Awww..... ha! I get semi-retroactive credit! Well anyway, cheers to ya. -- Eiji Hyrule 01:37, April 8, 2010 (UTC)
- Sublimemind! -- Eiji Hyrule 02:42, April 8, 2010 (UTC)