Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
How much is just the unlimited ammo worth? Been looking into making a ranged character and not able to find a free ammo weapon enhancement anywhere. Even a price for just and auto-load weapon enhancement (maybe tacked on to Quick-Load) would be welcome. --Be well 07:10, March 22, 2010 (UTC)
- in the book that came with the DVDs of the old D&D cartoons they had hanks bow as a +2 longbow that dealt 2d6 force damage (+str bonus) and you could "power attack" with or use light as long as you kept it knocked for around 25k. that was unlimited ammo, and all that comes to mind --NameViolation 07:21, March 22, 2010 (UTC)
- Ammunition is just another arbitrary number to keep count of and only serves to further penalize the ranged attackers, to be honest. Having 'unlimited ammunition' should not be pricy, in the least. Hank's Longbow is decent. Plus, bows bestow their enchantments upon their ammunition, so ammunition is really quite... cumbersome more than anything else.--TK-Squared 17:00, March 22, 2010 (UTC)
- When I built this article, I figured that a mimetic ranged weapon should have unlimited ammunition to make things easier. I would not consider it an unfair advantage in the least. A character can make all the arrows he needs with one rank in Craft (bowmaking or fletching or whatever it's called), since arrows are dirt cheap and your stores of ammo will usually last through one or two major encounters at the very least in the first place. Alleviating the burden of a quiver full of mundane projectiles presents no tangible mechanical advantage, as it also voids the need to keep track of such silly things like their price, measured in a few coppers a piece (an indignity even further compounded if you have to craft them), their weight, measured in fractions of pounds, and their number).
- Basically, the enhancement lets you have access to any type of weapon you might be needing at any time, as well as presenting the necessary benefits needed to use them without any mechanical impediment (save for personal proficiency, of course). --Sulacu 21:49, March 22, 2010 (UTC)
- Energy bow is what i was thinking of. all the items in that adverture that comes with the dvd's are awesome. and it has the 3.5 version of a Shadow Demon, originally from BoVD /rant --NameViolation 22:11, March 22, 2010 (UTC)
- I tried to price it and got stuck. I still don't know how to add the auto-adjusting Str bonus, but someone suggested using the psionic power "Bolt" for the force arrows - this seems just right for the effect as Hank's Bow doesn't give the weapon enhancement:Force to regular arrows. --Be well 21:41, March 25, 2010 (UTC)