Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
So, it isn't quite finished yet, but I figured I'd upload it so that I could comment about it and hopefully get some input back. So, get this party started with...
HD Features by Type for Paragons: Argh, what a nuisance when designing a class, having HD type, attack, saves and skill amounts pre-established. I'd like to stay true to the initial design philosophy of Racial Paragon classes, but... I'll probably have to gimp back a save and skills a bit, if not boost HD to d10 (that's not a concern for me at the moment though).
The class features aren't worded as solidly as I would like, nor are they as good as I would hope for... and basically none of them have flavor attached yet. That will come.
I would also like to get some input on the level-appropriateness/enjoyment of use/usability on the class abilities.
Beyond that, does this seem like something that a player might want to add to his character build or play because it seems effective and interesting? --Ganteka Future 04:48, February 27, 2010 (UTC)
- To my mind, this fits the grisly warrior more than the typical dwarf, plus he likes to party and gets a bonus for it, so fun! --Be well 12:17, March 4, 2010 (UTC)
Alright, tentative completion, a good place to be at. A few notes:
- I scaled back outsider skills to 4/level instead of 8/level. It felt like too much, and while this makes it less attractive as a skillful race/class, I prefer this option over scaling back saves (since I couldn't pick one there either, and of them dropping back Reflex would probably eliminate Dex-based paragons as an option). Without going into a whole "pick two saves to be good" sorta thing, I'm going with this for now.
- Greater Morale might be a bit hazy as far as rules are concerned. If anyone finds a loophole/problem, let me know.
- Ysgardian Virtue is supposed to scale up into "practically an automatic success" range. It was originally an immunity. This keeps it low-level viable as well as open to the possible deity-level or epic-effects needed to hose the party over via DM counter/ DM dickery.
- Astral Stride and Longstrider. It kinda bugs me that two mobility features are on the same level. Oh well. Also, be glad it's not called "Astral Glide".
- I still have yet to build an NPC, starting gear package and all that stuff. I will eventually.
I'm sure there was more, but I forget now. --Ganteka Future 00:51, March 6, 2010 (UTC)