So at 11th level an unarmored character gets no benefit?--NameViolation 21:46, June 21, 2010 (UTC)
- i took out the line about you must be wearing armor. It wasn't needed, and implied unarmored characters got no benefit. If i was wrong revert it--NameViolation 00:15, June 22, 2010 (UTC)
- Nope, I actually wanted the second bonus to be for armored characters only. Basically, it either allows an armored character to fill their max dex bonus or it gives an unarmored character +1 AC. I didn't want it to mess with the RNG too much (+2 AC limited by max dex already fits in the expected RNG).
- the RoS armor has a max dex bonus. its max dex +0, but it exists. alll it means is there is no point for a monk and a few others to take this, which is "poopy" in my opinion. monks get nothing, but a rogue in any armor (except leather) get an extra +1. i say its everyone or no one, but i think monks need some more love--NameViolation 01:37, June 22, 2010 (UTC)
- Can't argue with the sentiment, but +1 AC from a feat won't fix monks by itself.--Tavis McCricket 02:08, June 22, 2010 (UTC)
- For that, ACFs and ACFs-hidden-as-feats can sometimes work. That said, it's best for a feat to work and be balanced for most people and not-useful for a small part of the population of classes out there, rather than work for everyone and be potentially unbalanced. --Ghostwheel 02:59, June 22, 2010 (UTC)