Isn't +10 Int exaggerated with no LA?
I mean Wisdom.--16:45, October 23, 2009 Idkwhatmynameis
- It has 2 racial hit dice and an overall ECL of 3 (though I think that's a typo), and so an ECL of 3 + any class levels you put on top of it. Which is sorta like being +3 LA, but less crappy since it comes with a couple of hit dice and skill points and whatnot (but you can't buy it off). You're effectively giving up
twothree caster levels in exchange for your +10 wisdom... which is an interesting trade.
- Also IDK, please sign your comments on talk pages. There's a button you can use at the top, or you can just put ~~~~ at the end. - TarkisFlux 00:54, October 24, 2009 (UTC)
- Hah, somehow I missed that. Sorry Rith! Surgo 00:56, October 24, 2009 (UTC)
- It's no problem man, I kinda always expect these races to get raised eyebrows regardless. Though thank you. As for the ECL 3 part, I meant that, with the first character level, it becomes ECL 3. Now then, quick question, does anyone think it'd be better with 3 racial hit die instead? → Rith (talk) 08:03, October 24, 2009 (UTC)
- Gotcha... Should probably be listed as ECL 2 per SRD definitions though, since the racial writeup just has racial hit dice and doesn't include a class level as yet. None of the base races are listed as having an ECL of 1, that's assumed to come from the class level that they don't have yet (since their racial die gets replaced instead of added on to).
- It might be worth it to give it another racial hit die. It's already casting like a cohort in most games, but it's spell DCs are substantially higher. I think with the extra movement, fear ability, save and BAB bonuses it's pretty solid. One more level behind on casting would make it a bit weaker in the cleric role without hurting it in any other area, and 3 levels behind on new spells still leaves them with a 3 point DC margin against clerics of their level casting their highest available spells... tough call actually. I'd lean towards doing it, but I'd want to test first. - TarkisFlux 17:56, October 24, 2009 (UTC)