Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
this is really close to a 4th level spell called delay death. --NameViolation 22:33, November 7, 2009 (UTC)
Worth it? Edit
Just doesn't seem worth it for a level 2 spell compared to similar things. Perhaps make it an immediate action to cast? --Ghostwheel 07:14, December 9, 2009 (UTC)
- It's a level 1 spell, if that changes your opinion of it at all. I wouldn't be opposed to making it an immediate action anyway, though. -- Dracomortis 05:59, January 10, 2010 (UTC)
- Yeah, I think it could work well as an immediate action, especially if either A. your friend had Diehard, or B. the spell granted Diehard (or its equivalent) for the duration. On that note, perhaps make it one minute per level? Or even just one minute straight? --Ghostwheel 06:30, January 10, 2010 (UTC)
- the 4th level spell delay death is an immediate action, 1 round/level live to negative whatever. this is getting close to that. --NameViolation 19:59, January 10, 2010 (UTC)
- Which might just mean that delay death is poorly placed relative to its power/utility. No need to harp incessantly. -- Jota 21:51, January 10, 2010 (UTC)
- Incredibly big difference too, since that allows you to go to any negative HP, while this only goes to -20 HP. (Remember, the whole difference between -10 and -20 HP is a single hit by an orc's greatsword with 14 strength.) That said, I think Delay Death is pretty well placed--granted that you're in a campaign where damage is the primary way that characters are killed, rather than SoDs or similar effects. --Ghostwheel 23:37, January 10, 2010 (UTC)
|This article has been favored and rated Excellent by Ghostwheel, for the following reasons: A very solid spell, this one can save the party's butt and keep a character alive long enough to end combat before healing them when they would have died, especially at low levels without completely having the potential to end encounters all on its own.|
|This article has been favored and rated Good by DanielDraco, for the following reasons: It's useful, but its power is at least on par with most existing wizard spells of its level, and as such it should be of the wizard balance level. Still good, though.|
Good to know someone is getting around to rating spells.--ThirdEmperor 05:08, January 23, 2010 (UTC)
For what reason don't clerics get this as a spell? Havvy 08:53, July 31, 2010 (UTC)