I think losing the functionality of a limb, assuming that is what happens when it goes numb, is too strong an effect for a feat that has only Imp Unarmed Strike for a prerequisite. Maybe require a minimum BAB and/or minimum Int? --Be well 17:07, March 29, 2010 (UTC)
Thinking about it some more, it seems any single effect of this feat is too strong for that single prerequisite. Disabling Psi ability seems especially bad - you completely shut down several classes. I'm not familiar with Bending, but I assume its at least nearly as bad on that front.
Its an interesting idea to disable magic items and soulmelds, but even if that is the only effect the prerequisites should probably be raised. --Be well 17:14, March 29, 2010 (UTC)
- Needless to say, Neji FTW.Idkwhatmynameis 03:31, March 30, 2010 (UTC)
- I haven't watched Naruto, but the idea is a good one, giving the melee-monk-type more options. --Be well 15:08, March 30, 2010 (UTC)
- Autohypnosis rank is an interesting addition to the prerequisites, it seems to fit the flavor better than Know(Arcana/Psionics) and is something a monk-like character could use outside this feat. Heal of course if perfect for the disabling.
- I still think disabling Psionics is very powerful, even at what is effectively a level 5 requirement. Perhaps it can instead force a Save, Fort or Will (?), or lose Psionics? Fort would be to deal with the physical shock, Will would be to force the energies into proper channels despite the disruption/feedback. --Be well 15:11, March 30, 2010 (UTC)
- More thinking...disabling a limb would be very bad for a melee, so perhaps force a save there too, instead of automatic?
- Disabling magic/psi/soulmelds is probably strong enough for a single feat, but if you include the other effects they should at least not be automatic. --Be well 15:14, March 30, 2010 (UTC)