Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Have any more things been written on how to handle these? --Ghostwheel 14:25, March 23, 2010 (UTC)
- Not to my knowledge - most of the stuff for this and the new Tomes since this was posted are classes and a couple "High Adventure" writeups. We have a noticeable lack of overall mechanical rewrites or flavor sections coming from the project. --Quantumboost 14:32, March 23, 2010 (UTC)
- I'm getting around to it. Sometime after I finish with skills. - TarkisFlux 15:44, March 23, 2010 (UTC)
Result Concerns Edit
Okay, so I'm not totally certain I have a grasp on what the most potent uses of an Illusion under this revision would be. Here are the ones I've thought of so far and how they work out:
- Illusionary Wall over a Door/Corridor: Honestly this is exactly like a secret door, except you might recognize it immediately with a Spot check. If you search the area of the corridor, you'll probably get a save for every Search check - meaning someone taking 20 can effectively take 20 on making saving throws against the illusion. May need to explicitly add that.
- Solid Snake: Having a cardboard box or image of a rock around you can provide a hiding place where there isn't any. Again, a lot like a regular hiding place, except you don't have to set things up before casting.
- Illusory Summons/Walls: An illusory summoning or wall spell can cause someone to waste actions fighting/climbing the illusion (making it possibly as powerful as a 1-round hold person in a pinch). The probably biggest deal is something that would make a person not *want* to check if it were real - a Wall of Fire or an illusory Pit Fiend, for instance.
Anything I'm missing? Are probabilities fine as-is, are the Spot/Listen opposed check perhaps making certain illusion types too powerful, or do we need even more chances for it to break? --Quantumboost 02:43, October 12, 2010 (UTC)