Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
So, I don't know how we want to do maps, and I don't know if there's a function that will pull the image thumbnail without direct reference to it (that other wiki uses direct references, and that's more maintenance work that I want for nav pages). Might have to do some fancy coding magics for this nav page. - TarkisFlux 04:42, October 14, 2009 (UTC)
- I don't see nav pages for maps being all that useful (from my experience at other sites that show all pictures together). Instead, maybe it would be best to have this page narrow maps down to various types (i.e. town, dungeon, building, world), and continue like that. --Havvy 19:58, October 14, 2009 (UTC)
- I'm inclined to agree, and probably should have been more explicit above by stating that. It still leaves the issue of getting thumbnails to show on the page in a nice ordering without having to manually add each one though, and that's what I'm more worried about in the above. - TarkisFlux 20:20, October 14, 2009 (UTC)
- Yeah, having sections for maps listed by basic scale in headings, then onto individual pages for whatever they might be of. 5 foot square maps, like buildings, rooms, dungeons, small scale stuff like that. Then move up to a bigger scale, like towns, regions, land features, things that generally aren't marked by 5 foot squares. That basically leaves the really big things to have the last header, like whole worlds or entire campaign setting maps, planes or whatever. I imagine problems might come up with that system, with people drawing purposely rough maps like treasure maps or maps of generally bizarre things, like star charts, planar cosmologies and any and everything else.
- That brings me to getting thumbnails to pop up in a list. Would it be possible to somehow set the image as a property/property link? That might require some tinkering. But yeah, we definitely don't want manually updated pages. Keep us posted if you figure anything out, Tarkis. --Ganteka Future 21:45, October 14, 2009 (UTC)
I have some really good maps I made Edit
- It's sort of a chicken and egg dilemma. Need maps to test fit a good framework around, but need a framework to show good maps. I've tossed up a generic framework that should be fine for now if you want to start uploading your maps. Add the following categories to the images please: [[Category:3.5e]] [[Category:User]] [[Category:Map]]. And if you want to be really awesome, you can add [[Summary::"stuff"]] to describe your map as well. - TarkisFlux 01:17, March 19, 2010 (UTC)
I'll try to remember that :), My players will be on a new campaign soon and then I'll post the ones I've used -- Dm of two years