|Date Created:||October 12, 2008|
|Editing:||Please feel free to edit constructively!|
Reclusive. These guys are the far descendants of lost human adventurers and live a nomadic lifestyle, having slowly adopted their heat-regulating physique over many millennia. They do not like outsiders to a degree that their caravans purposefully navigate the hottest regions in the deserts where other humanoids cannot survive without extensive protection.
Sirocci look somewhat like humans still, possessing a bronzed skin that shows the slightest hint of ridges and subdermal patterning, but it so far does not detract from their appearance, which is mostly human in nature. Sirocci have sensory pits below each nostril that are temperature sensitive, which aids them especially during the cool nights. Their eyes are often a dull grey and are ridged darkly to help them cope with the intensity and the glare of the sun. Sirocci are slightly stockier and sturdier than the average human and possess broader feet with greater surface to help them better traverse the soft sands of the desert. An average siroc stands roughly 5 and a half feet tall.
Although undesiring of unwelcome attention, sirocci are not hostile in nature. They will often receive those that they come across with a measure of cautious hospitality and in fact they depend on such contact. In order to replenish their stocks of utilities that they cannot acquire in the desert, they are often resigned to trade, and to make occasional stops near human settlements.
Any. Sirocci do however have a slight bend towards law over chaos.
Rocky or sandy deserts and badlands.
Many sirocci have taken to worship of the earth itself, and believe that oases are the springs of life. As such, any siroc cleric may choose to take the Water domain in addition to any domains he may choose from their deity.
Siroccan, although most know Common as well.
Sirocci naming convention is roughly comparable to Arabic names. Examples of male sirocci names are Abbad, Abdir, Fakim, Haytham, Jalal, Labid, Qutaiba, Umar. Examples of female sirocci names are Adila, Anwar, Dalal, Habibah, Kalila, Malak, Rasha, Takiya.
- +2 Wisdom
- Humanoid (Siroc)
- Sirocci base land speed is 30 feet. Their movement speed is not impeded by any desert terrain.
- Heat Endurance: Sirocci have Heat Endurance as a bonus feat, naturally granting him level 1 heat protection (see Protection against Heat, Sandstorm p14).
- Heat Senses (Ex): A siroc can detect sources of heat with the sensory pits below his nose, as per the detect heat spell. This ability is always active.
- Spell-Like Ability: silent image 2/day. Caster level equal to HD.
- +2 racial bonus to Intimidate checks.
- Automatic Languages: Siroc.
- Bonus Languages: Common, Celestial, Draconic, Dwarven, Ignan, Terran.
- Favored Class: Ranger
- Level Adjustment: +Level Adjustment::0
- Effective Character Level: Effective Character Level::1
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|50 years||60 years||70 years||+2d20 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||4' 10"||+2d10||135 lb.||× (2d4) lb.|
|Female||4' 5"||+2d10||100 lb.||× (2d4) lb.|