|Date Created:||November 11, 2009|
|Editing:||Please discuss before editing.|
Exotic One-Handed Melee
|Type3:||Piercing or Slashing|
1. See Damage Increases by Size to calculate the damage for a weapon larger than Medium or smaller than Small.
2. Weight figures are for Medium weapons. A Small weapon weighs half as much, and a Large weapon weighs twice as much.
3. When two types are given, the weapon is both types if the entry specifies "and", either type (player's choice at time of attack) if the entry specifies "or", or each end of the double weapon is a different type if the entry specifies "/".
4. The hp value given is for Medium armor, weapons, and shields. Divide by 2 for each size category of the item smaller than Medium, or multiply it by 2 for each size category larger than Medium.
A shamshir is extremely similar to a scimitar in it's shape and design, and actually, a shamshir, in the hands of anyone without the appropriate exotic weapon proficiency feat, will act as a scimitar. However, there are certain characteristics unique of the shamshir that, with extensive training, can allow it's wielder to be much more effective in it's use.
Mastery Bonus: A mastery bonus allows a character with weapon focus (shamshir) to gain a unique benefit while wielding a masterwork shamshir. This benefit is based on the bonus granted to you by the weapon focus (shamshir) feat:
Shamshir Mastery Bonus Tree:
- +1: The character, when weilding a shamshir, may use their Dexterity modifier instead of their Strength modifier on attack rolls.
- +2: If an attack roll made by a character wielding of a shamshir misses, then that character gains a +1 bonus to AC against the foe they missed (This AC bonus never increases beyond +1, and goes away after the character weilding the shamshir makes a succesful attack roll against the target in question, but can apply against multiple foes at the same time).
- +3: When wielding a shamshir the character gains a +4 bonus on attack rolls made whenever they make an attack of opportunity.
- +4: A character, when weilding a shamshir, and taking a full attack option, may take 10 on the first attack rolls they make in that full attack option.
- +5: The character wielding the shamshir gains the ability to, whenever they score a critical hit with it, also deal 2 points of Constitution damage (This is in addition to any ability score damage the attack might have caused).
A mastery bonus tree only ever applies to the specific weapon it is assossiated with, for example, if a character with the feats exotic weapon proficiency (shamshir) and weapon focus (shamshir) wields a weapon with a mastery bonus tree and the aptitude proprietyToB, other than a shamshir, they do not gain the benefit of that weapons mastery bonus tree, despite the fact that they are considered having the weapon focus feat with that weapon.
see also: Shamshir