|Sam Kay (talk)|
|Date Created:||6th Janurary 2008|
|Editing:||Please feel free to edit constructively!|
|“||I dance in the flickering shadows under the moonlight. None can see me unless I wish it; for my dance is the dance of light and shadow, a dance faster than your eyes can see.||”|
For most, shadow is merely the absense of light. It may even be thought of as a synonym for evil. You know better. You can conceal yourself in mere shadow and dance where nobody sees unless you wish it. Your knowledge of shadows enables you to summon a friend for yourself from your shadow, and dance from darkness to darkness, always too fast to be seen. You understand the significance of light and its necessity; for neither shadow nor light can exist without the other. Sometimes, when others cast you out for your knowlede of shadow, you seem to be alone. But you know that while shadows surround you, you will never be truly alone.
Shadowdancer Path FeaturesEdit
- Hide in Plain Sight (11th Level): You can use the stealth skill to hide even while being obseved. So long as you are in an area of dim light or darkness, you can hide even if you are not in cover or concealment.
- Summon Spiritshadow (11th Level): You gain the ranger's beast companion class feature, with the following exceptions;
- The spiritshadow is called from the astral sea rather than the natural world, so it is an immortal magical beast.
- The spiritshadow occupies it's master's shadow, so while you have a spiritshadow, you have no natural shadow.
- The spiritshadow has the form of a three-dimesnsional solid shadow in the shape of an animal.
- The spiritshadow is reliant on light to exist; in darkness it takes a -2 penalty to its defenses, attack rolls and damage rolls. In order to use a healing surge, it must be near some form of light.
- You or your spiritshadow can deal the extra damage from your sneak attack class feature, but only one of you can deal the extra damage each round.
- Darkvision (16th Level): You gain darkvision. You can see through supernatural darkness which even darkvision cannot normally penetrate, such as that caused by cloud of darkness.
|Shadowstrike||Shadowdancer Attack 11|
|You step back into the darkness, then flit behind your foe, so fast that they see only flickering shadow before your blade finds them.|
|Usage::Encounter ✦ Arcane, Weapon, Teleportation|
|Action Type::Standard Action||Melee weapon|
|Requirement: You must be wielding a light blade.|
|Target: One creature|
|Attack: Dexterity Vs. Reflex|
|Hit: 2[W] + Dexterity modifier damage.|
|Effect: Teleport 4 squares before you attack. This teleportation must begin and end in an area of dim light or darkness.|
|Shadow Jump||Shadowdancer Utility 12|
|Stepping into the shadow, you dance past your foes into the darkness behind them, so fast that all they see is a shadow flitting from darkness to darkness.|
|Usage::Encounter ✦ Arcane, Teleportation|
|Action Type::Move Action||Personal|
|Effect: Teleport up to 6 squares. This teleportation must begin and end in an area of dim light or darkness.|
|Special: You can use this power any number of times per encounter, with the limitation that you can only use this power to teleport a maximum of 12 squares per encounter.|
|Flickering Shadows||Shadowdancer Attack 20|
|You dance so fast that your foe sees only a flickering shadow. You and your spiritshadow strike him down before he sees the shadows assail him.|
|Usage::Daily ✦ Arcane, Beast, Weapon, Teleportation|
|Action Type::Standard Action||Melee Weapon (beast 1)|
|Requirement: You must be weilding a light blade.|
|Primary Target: One creature|
|Attack: Dexterity Vs. Reflex|
|Hit: 2[W] + Dexterity modifier damage. Make a secondary attack.|
|Miss: Make a secondary attack.|
|Secondary Target: The primary target|
|Secondary Attack: Beast's attack bonus Vs. Reflex|
|Hit: 2[B] + Beast's Dexterity modifier damage.|
|Effect: You and your beast can teleport a combined distance of up to 4 squares. This teleportation must begin and end in an area of dim light or darkness. You can divide this distance between you and your beast as you choose.|