I was just wondering if anyone has a definitive build for a katana using 3.5 rules. I am very much interested, as I am running a campaign where my players are wanting to take the story in a decidedly asian direction, especially after playing the L5R rpg. any help would be greatly appreciated.
Shirochan2010 12:29, September 3, 2010 (UTC)
- By "build" do you mean an optimized character build where one's optimized for the use of a katana, or the weapon "build" with its stats? If it's the latter, one usually simply uses the stats of a masterwork bastard sword.
- That said, if you mean the latter and don't like that idea... These guys share your sentiments ;-) --Ghostwheel 12:33, September 3, 2010 (UTC)
- I do mean the latter, but I need a build for a katana that is a one handed weapon. I built a level 6 tenken level 4 iaijutsu master character as an example for my players, and I wanted a more appropriate weapon for her to use beyond just using a scimitar (the most similar weapon I could find to what I wanted) Shirochan2010 12:44, September 3, 2010 (UTC)
- I used the original tenken and the iaijutsu master class you made. unbelievably fast, I was able to get a lvl 1 monk lvl 9 cleric down to 15 health (from about 101 hp) in just over 4 rounds. Shirochan2010 15:27, September 3, 2010 (UTC)
- I have started work with several other DMs in rewriting both the grimoire tenken and the iaijutsu master. not major sweeping changes, just little things like rewording certain class features and such. Shirochan2010 16:23, September 7, 2010 (UTC)