|This material is published under the OGL|
1ST-LEVEL RANGER SPELLS
- Alarm: Wards an area for 2 hours/level.
- Animal Messenger: Sends a Tiny animal to a specific place.
- Calm Animals: Calms (2d4 + level) HD of animals.
- Charm Animal: Makes one animal your friend.
- Delay Poison: Stops poison from harming subject for 1 hour/level.
- Detect Animals or Plants: Detects kinds of animals or plants.
- Detect Poison: Detects poison in one creature or object.
- Detect Snares and Pits: Reveals natural or primitive traps.
- Endure Elements: Exist comfortably in hot or cold environments.
- Entangle: Plants entangle everyone in 40-ft.-radius circle.
- Hide from Animals: Animals can’t perceive one subject/level.
- Jump: Subject gets bonus on Jump checks.
- Longstrider: Increases your speed.
- Magic Fang: One natural weapon of subject creature gets +1 on attack and damage rolls.
- Pass without Trace: One subject/level leaves no tracks.
- Read Magic: Read scrolls and spellbooks.
- Resist Energy: Ignores 10 (or more) points of damage/attack from specified energy type.
- Speak with Animals: You can communicate with animals.
- Summon Nature's Ally I: Calls animal to fight for you.
2ND-LEVEL RANGER SPELLS
- Barkskin: Grants +2 (or higher) enhancement to natural armor.
- Bear's Endurance: Subject gains +4 to Con for 1 min./level.
- Cat's Grace: Subject gains +4 to Dex for 1 min./level.
- Cure Light Wounds: Cures 1d8 damage +1/level (max +5).
- Hold Animal: Paralyzes one animal for 1 round/level.
- Owl's Wisdom: Subject gains +4 to Wis for 1 min./level.
- Protection from Energy: Absorb 12 points/level of damage from one kind of energy.
- Snare: Creates a magic booby trap.
- Speak with Plants: You can talk to normal plants and plant creatures.
- Spike Growth: Creatures in area take 1d4 damage, may be slowed.
- Summon Nature's Ally II: Calls animal to fight for you.
- Wind Wall: Deflects arrows, smaller creatures, and gases.
3RD-LEVEL RANGER SPELLS
- Command Plants: Sway the actions of one or more plant creatures.
- Cure Moderate Wounds: Cures 2d8 damage +1/level (max +10).
- Darkvision: See 60 ft. in total darkness.
- Diminish Plants: Reduces size or blights growth of normal plants.
- Magic Fang, Greater: One natural weapon of subject creature gets +1/three caster levels on attack and damage rolls (max +5).
- Neutralize Poison: Immunizes subject against poison, detoxifies venom in or on subject.
- Plant Growth: Grows vegetation, improves crops.
- Reduce Animal: Shrinks one willing animal.
- Remove Disease: Cures all diseases affecting subject.
- Repel Vermin: Insects, spiders, and other vermin stay 10 ft. away.
- Summon Nature's Ally III: Calls animal to fight for you.
- Tree Shape: You look exactly like a tree for 1 hour/level.
- Water Walk: Subject treads on water as if solid.
4TH-LEVEL RANGER SPELLS
- Animal Growth: One animal/two levels doubles in size.
- Commune with Nature: Learn about terrain for 1 mile/level.
- Cure Serious Wounds: Cures 3d8 damage +1/level (max +15).
- Freedom of Movement: Subject moves normally despite impediments.
- NondetectionM: Hides subject from Divination, scrying.
- Summon Nature's Ally IV: Calls animal to fight for you.
- Tree Stride: Step from one tree to another far away.
An M or F appearing at the end of a spell’s name in the spell lists denotes a spell with a material or focus component, respectively, that is not normally included in a spell component pouch. An Xdenotes a spell with an XP component paid by the caster.
Order of Presentation: In the spell lists and the spell descriptions that follow them, the spells are presented in alphabetical order by name except for those belonging to certain spell chains.
When a spell’s name begins with “lesser,” “greater,” or “mass,” the spell description is alphabetized under the second word of the spell name instead.
Hit Dice: The term “Hit Dice” is used synonymously with “character levels” for effects that affect a number of Hit Dice of creatures. Creatures with Hit Dice only from their race, not from classes, have character levels equal to their Hit Dice.
Caster Level: A spell’s power often depends on caster level, which is defined as the caster’s class level for the purpose of casting a particular spell. A creature with no classes has a caster level equal to its Hit Dice unless otherwise specified. The word “level” in the spell lists that follow always refers to caster level.
Creatures and Characters: The words “creature” and “character” are used synonymously in the spell descriptions.