|This material is published under the OGL|
Also see the merrow creature listing.
These cousins of the ogre dwell in freshwater lakes and rivers. Adult merrows stand 9 to 10 feet tall and weigh 600 to 650 pounds. Their skin color ranges from dull yellow to dull brown. Their clothing consists of poorly cured furs and hides, which add to their naturally repellent odor.
- +10 Strength, +4 Constitution, –2 Dexterity, –4 Intelligence, –4 Charisma.
- Giant (Aquatic)
- Large size: –1 penalty to Armor Class, –1 penalty on attack rolls, –4 penalty on Hide checks, +4 bonus on grapple checks, lifting and carrying limits double those of Medium characters.
- Space/Reach: 10 feet/10 feet.
- A merrow’s base land speed is 30 feet. It also has a swim speed of 40 feet. A merrow can move through water at its swim speed without making Swim checks. A merrow can use the run action while swimming, provided it swims in a straight line.
- Darkvision out to 60 feet.
- Low-Light Vision
- Racial Hit Dice: An ogre begins with four levels of giant, which provide 4d8 Hit Dice, a base attack bonus of +3, and base saving throw bonuses of Fort +4, Ref +1, and Will +1.
- Racial Skills: A merrow’s giant levels give it skill points equal to 7 × (2 + Int modifier, minimum 1). Its class skills are Climb, Listen, Spot, and Swim. It has a +8 racial bonus on any Swim check to perform some special action or avoid a hazard. A merrow can always can choose to take 10 on a Swim check, even if distracted or endangered.
- Racial Feats: A merrow’s giant levels give it two feats.
- +5 natural armor bonus.
- Weapon and Armor Proficiency: A merrow is automatically proficient with simple and martial weapons, light and medium armor, and shields.
- Automatic Languages: Common, Giant. Bonus Languages: Dwarven, Orc, Goblin, Terran.
- Favored Class: Barbarian.
- Level Adjustment: +2.