|This material is published under the OGL|
A humanoid usually has two arms, two legs, and one head, or a humanlike torso, arms, and a head. Humanoids have few or no supernatural or extraordinary abilities, but most can speak and usually have well-developed societies. They usually are Small or Medium. Every humanoid creature also has a subtype.
Humanoids with 1 Hit Die exchange the features of their humanoid Hit Die for the class features of a PC or NPC class. Humanoids of this sort are presented as 1st-level warriors, which means that they have average combat ability and poor saving throws.
Humanoids with more than 1 Hit Die are the only humanoids who make use of the features of the humanoid type.
A humanoid has the following features (unless otherwise noted in a creature’s entry).
- 8-sided Hit Dice, or by character class.
- Base attack bonus equal to 3/4 total Hit Dice (as cleric).
- Good Reflex saves (usually; a humanoid’s good save varies).
- Skill points equal to (2 + Int modifier, minimum 1) per Hit Die, with quadruple skill points for the first Hit Die, or by character class.
A humanoid possesses the following traits (unless otherwise noted in a creature’s entry).
- Proficient with all simple weapons, or by character class.
- Proficient with whatever type of armor (light, medium, or heavy) it is described as wearing, or by character class. If a humanoid does not have a class and wears armor, it is proficient with that type of armor and all lighter types. Humanoids not indicated as wearing armor are not proficient with armor. Humanoids are proficient with shields if they are proficient with any form of armor.
- Humanoids breathe, eat, and sleep.
Humanoid Type Creatures