|This material is published under the OGL|
Grimlocks are blind, but their exceptional senses of smell and hearing allow them to notice foes nearby. As a result, they usually shun ranged weapons and rush to the attack, brandishing their stone Battleaxes.
Grimlocks are susceptible to sound- and scent-based attacks, however, and are affected normally by loud noises and sonic spells (such as ghost sound or silence) and overpowering odors (such as stinking cloud or incense-heavy air). Negating a grimlock’s sense of smell or hearing reduces this ability to normal Blind Fight (as the feat). If both these senses are negated, a grimlock is effectively blinded.
Immunities: Grimlocks are immune to gaze attacks, visual effects, illusions, and other attack forms that rely on sight.
GRIMLOCKS AS CHARACTERS
Grimlock characters possess the following racial traits.
- +4 Strength, +2 Dexterity, +2 Constitution, –2 Wisdom, –4 Charisma.
- Medium size.
- A grimlock’s base land speed is 30 feet.
- Racial Hit Dice: A grimlock begins with two levels of monstrous humanoid, which provide 2d8 Hit Dice, a base attack bonus of +2, and base saving throw bonuses of Fort +0, Ref +3, and Will +3.
- Racial Skills: A grimlock’s monstrous humanoid levels give it skill points equal to 5 x (2 + Int modifier, minimum 1). Its class skills are Climb, Hide, Listen, and Spot. Grimlocks gain a +10 racial bonus on Hide checks in mountain or underground settings.
- Racial Feats: A grimlock’s monstrous humanoid levels give it one feat.
- Weapon Proficiency: A grimlock is automatically proficient with the Battleaxe.
- +4 natural armor bonus.
- Special Qualities (see above): Blindsight 40 ft., immunities, scent.
- Automatic Languages: Common, Grimlock. Bonus Languages: Draconic, Dwarven, Gnome, Terran, Undercommon.
- Favored Class: Barbarian.
- Level adjustment +2.