|This material is published under the OGL|
Also see the janni creature listing.
The jann (singular janni) are the weakest of the genies. Jann are formed out of all four elements and must therefore spend most of their time on the Material Plane.
- +6 Strength, +4 Dexterity, +2 Constitution, +4 Intelligence, +4 Wisdom, +2 Charisma.
- Outsider (Native)
- Medium size.
- A janni’s base land speed is 30 feet. It also has a fly speed of 20 feet (perfect).
- Darkvision out to 60 feet.
- Racial Hit Dice: A janni begins with six levels of outsider, which provide 6d8 Hit Dice, a base attack bonus of +6, and base saving throw bonuses of Fort +5, Ref +5, and Will +5.
- Racial Skills: A janni’s outsider levels give it skill points equal to 9 × (8 + Int modifier). Its class skills are Appraise, Concentration, Craft (any), Escape Artist, Listen, Move Silently, Ride, Sense Motive, and Spot.
- Racial Feats: A janni’s outsider levels give it three feats. A janni receives Improved Initiative as a bonus feat.
- +1 natural armor bonus.
- Weapon and Armor Proficiency: A janni is automatically proficient with all simple and martial weapons, light and medium armor, and shields.
- Elemental Endurance (Ex): Jann can survive on the Elemental Planes of Air, Earth, Fire, or Water for up to 48 hours. Failure to return to the Material Plane before that time expires causes a janni to take 1 point of damage per additional hour spent on the elemental plane, until it dies or returns to the Material Plane.
- Resistance to fire 10.
- Telepathy 100 ft.
- Change Size (Sp): Twice per day, a janni can magically change a creature’s size. This works just like an enlarge person or reduce person spell (the janni chooses when using the ability), except that the ability can work on the janni. A Fortitude save negates the effect. The save DC is Charisma-based. This is the equivalent of a 2nd-level spell.
- Plane Shift (Sp): A janni can enter any of the elemental planes, the Astral Plane, or the Material Plane. This ability transports the janni and up to eight other creatures, provided they all link hands with the janni. It is otherwise similar to the spell of the same name (caster level 13th).
- Spell-Like Abilities: 3/day—invisibility (self only), speak with animals. Caster level 12th. Once per day a janni can create food and water (caster level 7th) and can use ethereal jaunt (caster level 12th) for 1 hour. The save DCs are Charisma-based.
- Automatic Language: Common. Bonus Languages: Abyssal, Aquan, Auran, Celestial, Ignan, Infernal, Terran.
- Favored Class: Rogue.
- Level Adjustment: +5