|This material is published under the OGL|
Also see the gargoyle creature listing.
Gargoyles often appear to be winged stone statues, for they can perch indefinitely without moving and use this disguise to surprise their foes. They require no food, water, or air, but often eat their fallen foes out of fondness for inflicting pain.
- +4 Strength, +4 Dexterity, +8 Constitution, –4 Intelligence, –4 Charisma.
- Monstrous Humanoid (Earth)
- Medium size.
- A gargoyle’s base land speed is 40 feet. It also has a fly speed of 60 feet (average).
- Darkvision out to 60 feet.
- Racial Hit Dice: A gargoyle begins with four levels of monstrous humanoid, which provide 4d8 Hit Dice, a base attack bonus of +4, and base saving throw bonuses of Fort +1, Ref +4, and Will +4.
- Racial Skills: A gargoyle’s monstrous humanoid levels give it skill points equal to 7 × (2 + Int modifier). Its class skills are Hide, Listen, and Spot. A gargoyle has a +2 racial bonus on Hide, Listen, and Spot checks, and an additional +8 bonus on Hide checks when it is concealed against a background of stone.
- Racial Feats: A gargoyle’s monstrous humanoid levels give it two feats.
- +4 natural armor bonus.
- Natural Weapons: 2 claws (1d4), bite (1d6), and gore (1d6).
- Weapon Proficiency: A gargoyle is automatically proficient with all simple weapons.
- Damage Reduction (Su): 10/magic.
- Freeze (Ex): A gargoyle can hold itself so still it appears to be a statue. An observer must succeed on a DC 20 Spot check to notice the gargoyle is really alive.
- Automatic Language: Common. Bonus Languages: Auran, Dwarven, Elven, Gnome, Halfling, Giant, Terran.
- Favored Class: Fighter.
- Level Adjustment: +5.