|This material is published under the OGL|
A construct is an animated object or artificially constructed creature.
A construct has the following features.
- 10-sided Hit Dice.
- Base attack bonus equal to 3/4 total Hit Dice (as cleric).
- No good saving throws.
- Skill points equal to (2 + Int modifier, minimum 1) per Hit Die, with quadruple skill points for the first Hit Die, if the construct has an Intelligence score. However, most constructs are mindless and gain no skill points or feats.
A construct possesses the following traits (unless otherwise noted in a creature’s entry).
- No Constitution score.
- Low-light vision.
- Darkvision out to 60 feet.
- Immunity to all mind-affecting effects (charms, compulsions, phantasms, patterns, and morale effects).
- Immunity to poison, sleep effects, paralysis, stunning, disease, death effects, and necromancy effects.
- Cannot heal damage on their own, but often can be repaired by exposing them to a certain kind of effect (see the creature’s description for details) or through the use of the Craft Construct feat. A construct with the fast healing special quality still benefits from that quality.
- Not subject to critical hits, nonlethal damage, ability damage, ability drain, fatigue, exhaustion, or energy drain.
- Immunity to any effect that requires a Fortitude save (unless the effect also works on objects, or is harmless).
- Not at risk of death from massive damage. Immediately destroyed when reduced to 0 hit points or less.
- Since it was never alive, a construct cannot be raised or resurrected.
- Because its body is a mass of unliving matter, a construct is hard to destroy. It gains bonus hit points based on size, as shown on the following table.
Table: Construct Size and Bonus Hit PointsEdit
Construct Size Bonus Hit Points Construct Size Bonus Hit Points Fine — Large 30 Diminutive — Huge 40 Tiny — Gargantuan 60 Small 10 Colossal 80 Medium 20
- Proficient with its natural weapons only, unless generally humanoid in form, in which case proficient with any weapon mentioned in its entry.
- Proficient with no armor.
- Constructs do not eat, sleep, or breathe.
Monsters with the Construct TypeEdit
|Creature Entry||CR||Type and Subtypes|| Size
|?Challenge Rating||?Type||?Subtype||?Size||format=template||template=3.5e Monster Table Row||link=none
Construct Type CreaturesEdit