|This material is published under the OGL|
Template:Creature Table A centaur is as big as a heavy horse, but much taller and slightly heavier. A centaur is about 7 feet tall and weighs about 2,100 pounds.
Centaurs speak Sylvan and Elven.
A centaur employing a lance deals double damage when it charges, just as a rider on a mount does.
SEE WIKIPEDIA ENTRY: Centaur
CENTAURS AS CHARACTERS
A centaur druid is usually a tribe’s designated leader and speaker. Centaur characters possess the following racial traits.
- +8 Strength, +4 Dexterity, +4 Constitution, –2 Intelligence, +2 Wisdom.
- Large size. –1 penalty to Armor Class, –1 penalty on attack rolls, –4 penalty on Hide checks, +4 bonus on grapple checks, lifting and carrying limits double those of Medium characters.
- Space/Reach: 10 feet/5 feet.
- A centaur’s base land speed is 50 feet.
- Darkvision out to 60 feet.
- Racial Hit Dice: A centaur begins with four levels of monstrous humanoid, which provide 4d8 Hit Dice, a base attack bonus of +4, and base saving throw bonuses of Fort +1, Ref +4, and Will +4.
- Racial Skills: A centaur’s monstrous humanoid levels give it skill points equal to 7 x (2 + Int modifier). Its class skills are Listen, Move Silently, Spot, and Survival.
- Racial Feats: A centaur’s monstrous humanoid levels give it two feats.
- +3 natural armor bonus.
- Automatic Languages: Sylvan, Elven. Bonus Languages: Common, Gnome, Halfling.
- Favored Class: Ranger.
- Level adjustment +2.