|This material is published under the OGL|
|Size/Type:||Medium Humanoid (Goblinoid)|
|Hit Dice:||3d8+3 (16 hp)|
|Speed:||30 ft. (6 squares)|
|Armor Class:||17 (+1 Dex, +3 natural, +2 leather armor, +1 light wooden shield), touch 11, flat-footed 16|
|Attack:||Morningstar +5 melee (1d8+2) or javelin +3 ranged (1d6+2)|
|Full Attack:||Morningstar +5 melee (1d8+2) or javelin +3 ranged (1d6+2)|
|Space/Reach:||5 ft./5 ft.|
|Special Qualities:||Darkvision 60 ft., scent|
|Saves:||Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +1|
|Abilities:||Str 15, Dex 12, Con 13, Int 10, Wis 10, Cha 9|
|Skills:||Climb +3, Hide +4, Listen +4, Move Silently +6, Spot +4|
|Feats:||Alertness, Weapon Focus (morningstar)|
|Organization:||Solitary, gang (2–4), or band (11–20 plus 150% noncombatants plus 2 2nd-level sergeants and 1 leader of 2nd–5th level)|
|Alignment:||Usually chaotic evil|
|Advancement:||By character class|
Bugbears speak Goblin and Common.
Bugbears prefer to ambush opponents whenever possible. When hunting, they normally send scouts ahead of the main group that, if they spy prey, return to report and bring up reinforcements.
Bugbear attacks are coordinated, and their tactics are sound if not brilliant.
Bugbears as CharactersEdit
Bugbear characters possess the following racial traits.
- +4 Strength, +2 Dexterity, +2 Constitution, –2 Charisma.
- Medium size.
- A bugbear’s base land speed is 30 feet.
- Darkvision out to 60 feet.
- Racial Hit Dice: A bugbear begins with three levels of humanoid, which provide 3d8 Hit Dice, a base attack bonus of +2, and base saving throw bonuses of Fort +1, Ref +3, and Will +1.
- Racial Skills: A bugbear’s humanoid levels give it skill points equal to 6 x (2 + Int modifier). Its class skills are Climb, Hide, Listen, Move Silently, Search, and Spot.
- Racial Feats: A bugbear’s humanoid levels give it two feats.
- +3 natural armor bonus.
- +4 racial bonus on Move Silently checks.
- Automatic Languages: Common, Goblin. Bonus Languages: Draconic, Elven, Giant, Gnoll, Orc.
- Favored Class: Rogue.
- Level adjustment +1.
SEE WIKIPEDIA ENTRY: Bugbear