|Size/Type:||Medium Outsider (Extraplanar, Fire)|
|Hit Dice:||2d8+2 (11 hp)|
|Speed:||20 ft. in scale mail (4 squares); base speed 30 ft.|
|Armor Class:||23 (+1 Dex, +6 natural, +4 scale mail, +2 heavy shield, touch 11, flat-footed 22|
|Attack:||Warhammer +3 melee (1d8+1/x3 plus 1 fire) or shortspear +3 ranged (1d6+1 plus 1 fire)|
|Full Attack:||Warhammer +3 melee (1d8+1/x3 plus 1 fire) or shortspear +3 ranged (1d6+1 plus 1 fire)|
|Space/Reach:||5 ft./5 ft.|
|Special Qualities:||Darkvision 60 ft., immunity to fire, spell resistance 13, vulnerability to cold|
|Saves:||Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +4|
|Abilities:||Str 13, Dex 13, Con 13, Int 12, Wis 12, Cha 9|
|Skills:||Appraise +6, Climb +0, Craft (any two) +6, Hide +0, Jump –6, Listen +6, Search +6, Spot +6|
|Environment:||Elemental Plane of Fire|
|Organization:||Solitary, pair, team (3–4), squad (11–20 plus 2 3rd-level sergeants and 1 leader of 3rd–6th level), or clan (30–100 plus 50% noncombatants plus 1 3rd-level sergeant per 20 adults, 5 5th-level lieutenants, and 3 7th-level captains)|
|Treasure:||Standard coins; double goods (nonflammables only); standard items (nonflammables only)|
|Alignment:||Always lawful neutral|
|Advancement:||By character class|
Azers are dwarflike beings native to the Elemental Plane of Fire. They wear kilts of brass, bronze, or copper, and speak Ignan and Common.
Azers use broad-headed spears or well-crafted hammers in combat. When unarmed, they attempt to grapple foes.
Although unfriendly and taciturn, azers rarely provoke a fight except to relieve a foe of gems, which they love. If threatened, they fight to the death, but they see the value of taking prisoners themselves.
Heat (Ex): An azer’s body is intensely hot, so its unarmed attacks deal extra fire damage. Its metallic weapons also conduct this heat.
AZERS AS CHARACTERSEdit
Azer characters possess the following racial traits.
- +2 Strength, +2 Dexterity, +2 Constitution, +2 Intelligence, +2 Wisdom, –2 Charisma.
- Medium size.
- An azer’s base land speed is 30 feet.
- Darkvision: Azers can see in the dark up to 60 feet.
- Racial Hit Dice: An azer begins with two levels of outsider, which provide 2d8 Hit Dice, a base attack bonus of +2, and base saving throw bonuses of Fort +3, Ref +3, and Will +3.
- Racial Skills: An azer’s outsider levels give it skill points equal to 5 x (8 + Int modifier). Its class skills are Appraise, Climb, Craft, Hide, Jump, Listen, Search, and Spot.
- Racial Feats: An azer’s outsider levels give it one feat.
- +6 natural armor bonus.
- Special Attacks (see above): Heat.
- Special Qualities (see above): Immunity to fire, spell resistance equal to 13 + class levels, vulnerability to cold.
- Automatic Languages: Common, Ignan. Bonus Languages: Abyssal, Aquan, Auran, Celestial, Infernal, Terran.
- Favored Class: Fighter.
- Level adjustment +4.