|This material is published under the OGL|
An animal is a living, nonhuman creature, usually a vertebrate with no magical abilities and no innate capacity for language or culture.
An animal has the following features (unless otherwise noted in a creature’s entry).
- d8 Hit Dice.
- Base attack bonus equal to 3/4 total Hit Dice (as cleric).
- Good Fortitude and Reflex saves (certain animals have different good saves).
- Skill points equal to (2 + Int modifier, minimum 1) per Hit Die, with quadruple skill points for the first Hit Die.
An animal possesses the following traits (unless otherwise noted in a creature’s entry).
- Intelligence score of 1 or 2 (no creature with an Intelligence score of 3 or higher can be an animal).
- Low-light vision.
- Alignment: Always neutral.
- Treasure: None.
- Proficient with its natural weapons only. A noncombative herbivore uses its natural weapons as a secondary attack. Such attacks are made with a –5 penalty on the creature’s attack rolls, and the animal receives only 1/2 its Strength modifier as a damage adjustment.
- Proficient with no armor unless trained for war.
- Animals eat, sleep, and breathe.
Monsters with the Animal TypeEdit
|Creature Entry||CR||Type and Subtypes|| Size
|?Challenge Rating||?Type||?Subtype||?Size||format=template||template=3.5e Monster Table Row||link=none
Animal Type CreaturesEdit