Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Date Created:||September 25, 2008|
|Editing:||Please feel free to edit constructively!|
[[Summary::This subtype pertains to the 'Replicator' family of constructs, beings consisting of numerous small and identical components known as monads.]] Each monad is roughly 1 inch in size, and is a self-sustaining arcane unit created out of a combination of minerals and one dominant metal or alloy. Every monad is a sophisticated computer that is able to interface with other monads, and from the boundless cooperation between these individual monads, the danger of the Replicator is born. Two interfacing monads form a system of information processing far superior to that of a single monad, and their capacity for calculation and information storage increases with every monad added. When more than one hundred monads congregate and form one whole, the interfacing monads form a pseudo-intellect that with further increment in their numbers stands the chance of becoming a true consciousness, acting upon the single-minded impulse of self-replication.
The traits listed here override the base Construct traits wherever applicable.
Table: Replicator Traits Size HD Monads Intelligence score Tiny 1 100-250 1 Small 2-3 250-2,000 2 Medium 4-7 2,000-20,000 3-4 Large 8-15 20,000-200,000 5-6 Huge 16-31 200,000-2,000,000 7-9 Gargantuan 32-63 2,000,000-20,000,000 10-12 Colossal ≥ 64 > 20,000,000 ≥ 13
- No locomotion possible with less than 100 monads.
- Damage reduction/adamantine equal to the base material's hardness - 5 (5 for steel, 10 for mithral, and 15 for adamantine).
- Fast Healing equal to half the replicator's HD (minimum 1). This fast healing is only active when loose monads are available for incorporation.
- Interlink (Ex): All replicators are able of interacting remotely with binary communication over any distance, although not across planes. Furthermore, this interlink functions roughly like a telepathy spell.
- Magic Immunity (Ex): The strange magical energies that power individual monads have an arcane dampening effect that blocks the effects of most arcane and divine magics, with the following exceptions. Both chill metal and heat metal have the same effects upon a replicator as a slow spell, and a shatter spell or effect deals damage to them as if they were a crystalline creature.
Replicator Subtype CreaturesEdit
The following creatures have the replicator subtype:
|Creature Entry||CR||Type and Subtypes|| Size
|?Challenge Rating||?Type||?Subtype||?Size||format=template||template=3.5e Monster Table Row||link=none