Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Editing:||Please feel free to edit constructively!|
|“||Do not fear, friends! Nothing will get past me!||”|
Prerequisite: Defender role, proficiency with heavy shield and spear type weapon.
For whatever reason, you have adopted the Phalanx way of fighting. Perhaps you were once a soldier,trained for war. Maybe you enjoyed the reach of the spear, but was not willing to give up the shield. Whatever the reason, whatever the path, you are now a Phalanx warrior; you plant yourself in the middle of battle, keeping all foes within reach of you. You don't let anyone past, and if they get too far, you lunge across the battle field making sure none escapes.
Phalanx Warrior Path FeaturesEdit
- Spear Proficiency (11th Level): You gain a +1 bonus to attack roles with all spear type weapons. In addition, your reach increases by 1 whenever you use a spear type weapon.
- Containing Reaction (11th Level): When you spend an action point to spend an extra action, you can also mark 2 targets within 5 squares of you as a free action.
- Extraordinary Phalanx Fighting (16th Level): When using a spear, you can make opportunity attacks against targets who are 2 squares away from you instead of one. in addition, whenever you make any kind of attack with a spear type weapon, you can choose to do one of two things, as a minor action.
- Take a -2 penalty to the attack roll. You can reach an extra one square for this attack.
- Mark a target adjacent to the target you just attacked.
|Spear Fury||Phalanx Warrior Attack 11|
|In a controlled frenzy, you spin around, giving minor wounds to some, and grievous ones to others.|
|Usage::Encounter ✦ Martial, Weapon|
|Action Type::Standard Action||Close Burst 1|
|Requirement: You must be wielding a one handed weapon.|
|Primary Target: Each marked target in burst you can see.|
|Attack: Strength Vs. AC|
|Hit: 1[W]+strength modifier, target is slowed until the end of your next turn|
|Weapon: If you are wielding a spear type weapon, you use the reach of your weapon as the burst range instead of what is listed.|
|Secondary Target: Each enemy in burst you can see|
|Secondary Attack: Strength Modifier Vs. AC|
|Hit: 1[W] damage|
|Shield And Spear||Phalanx Warrior Utility 12|
|You set yourself into a stance of defense, making sure that none can get past.|
|Usage::Daily ✦ Martial, Stance|
|Action Type::Minor Action||Personal|
|Requirement: Must be wielding a shield and a spear.|
|Effect: Until the stance ends, you gain a +2 bonus to your reflex and AC. In addition, whenever you hit an enemy with an attack they are knocked prone and are slowed until the end of your next turn.|
|Spear Finale||Phalanx Warrior Attack 20|
|You save the best moves for last.|
|Usage::Daily ✦ Martial, Weapon|
|Action Type::Standard Action||Weapon|
|Requirement: You must be wielding a spear and shield type weapon.|
|Primary Target: One creature|
|Attack: Strength Vs. Ac|
|Hit: 3[W]+Strength Modifier Damage, make one more attack|
|Secondary Target: One creature you just attacked|
|Secondary Attack: Strength Vs. Fortitude|
|Hit: 1[W]+strength modifier, and the target is stunned(save ends)|
|Special: Target takes a penalty equal to your wisdom modifier to resist being stunned.|