|Editing:||Spelling and Grammar only|
|Size/Type:||Small Outsider (Incorporeal)|
|Hit Dice:||12d8+24 (78 hp)|
|Initiative:||+6 (+2 Dex, +4 Improved Initiative)|
|Speed:||Fly 30 ft. (good)|
|Armor Class:||17 (+1 size, +2 dexterity, +4 deflection), touch 17, flat-footed 15|
|Attack:||Incorporeal touch +15 melee (1d6+4 negative energy)|
|Full Attack:||Incorporeal touch +15/+10/+5 melee (1d6+4 negative energy)|
|Space/Reach:||5 ft./5 ft.|
|Special Attacks:||Growl, Spell-like Abilities, Pain Split|
|Special Qualities:||Egg Move, Fear Eater, Chant|
|Saves:||Fort +11, Ref +11, Will +10|
|Abilities:||Str —, Dex 15, Con 14, Int 10, Wis 12, Cha 19|
|Skills:||Bluff +19, Intimidate +26, Sense Motive +16|
|Feats:||Luck of Heroes, Ability Focus (Growl), Sudden Ability Focus, Improved Initiative, Skill Focus (Intimidate)|
|Environment:||Dark, spooky places|
|Organization:||Solitary or tag-team|
|Alignment:||Neutral, though often pranksters|
|Advancement:||13-17 HD (Small), 18-20 HD (Medium)|
Growl (Ex): Those who hear Misdreavus' eerie growl become very unnerved, especially those who cannot see the source of it. All within 30 feet who can hear when Misdreavus growls must make a DC 22 Will save against fear or become shaken for one minute. If already shaken, they become frightened. If already frightened, they panic. Successfully saving grants immunity to this ability for 24 hours.
Pain Split (Su): Once per 5 rounds, as a standard action, Mismagius can focus on an enemy and share pain and injuries with them. Add their combined hit points together, then divide it evenly (if it is an odd number, Mismagius gets the extra point) between them. This can be negated with a DC 20 Fort save. Mismagius can, if it feels nice, use this to heal injured people.
Fear Eater (Ex): Mismagius eats fear for nourishment. It is immune to [Fear] effects, and can absorb such spells and effects for a day's supply of nutrition, and if it scares someone with an effect, it is also fed. It can spend a full round action actually absorbing the fear of another, removing the effect and getting enough nutrition for a week. It feels happy and bloated afterwards.
Chant (Su): Mismagius can chant, requiring a Swift action every turn to keep chanting. Doing so enables it to provide one of the following effects:
- A +3 Morale bonus to saving throws for all allies within 50 feet
- Immunity to Sonic effects to all allies within 50 feet
- Nightmare terrain centered on itself (DC 20)
- Fever dream affecting every foe within 30 feet (DC 20)
- Mildly distracting headaches Staggering foes within 30 feet (Will DC 20 negates)
Spell-like Abilities (Sp): At will: confusion, whelming burst, magic missile; 1/hour: perish song ([Sonic] effect, 3-round delayed wail of the banshee), missile storm, overwhelm. Caster level equals hit dice, and the Save DCs are 10 + Spell Level + Mismagius’s Charisma modifier.
- The sample Mismagius has a caster level of 12 and save DC of 14 + spell level.
Egg Move: Mismagius retains the power it had as a Misdreavus:
- Ominous Wind (Su): A gust of eerie wind is summoned and sent out, covering two 5' squares per hit die (12 for the sample Mismagius). It must start adjacent to Mismagius, and the squares must be connected as a single area. All in the area take Cold damage equal to 3d6 + the Mismagius's hit dice, double if they have the [Psionic] subtype. A successful Fortitude save (DC 22, Charisma-based) halves this damage. Additionally, all of Mismagius's ability scores gain a +1 enhancement bonus for one minute. Multiple uses of the ability will increase the bonus by +1 each time, to a maximum of +6. Ominous Wind may not be used two turns in a row.
- Bestow Curse (Sp) at will
- Shriek (Su): the range of Growl doubles, and the DC increases by another +2
Back to Main Page → 3.5e Homebrew → Monsters