Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Editing:||Spelling and Grammar only|
|Size/Type:||Large Magical Beast (Cold, Water)|
|Hit Dice:||7d10+14 (52 hp)|
|Initiative:||+6 (+2 Dex, +4 Improved Initiative)|
|Speed:||10 ft., swim 100 ft.|
|Armor Class:||18 (-1 size, +2 Dex, +7 natural), touch 11, flat-footed 16|
|Attack:||Slam +8 melee (2d6+2), Bite +8|
|Full Attack:||Slam +8 melee (2d6+2) and Bite +8 melee (1d8+2, x3)|
|Space/Reach:||10 ft./5 ft.|
|Special Attacks:||Perish Song, Sheer Cold|
|Special Qualities:||Spell-like Abilities, Egg Move|
|Saves:||Fort +8, Ref +8, Will +8|
|Abilities:||Str 14, Dex 15, Con 14, Int 15, Wis 14, Cha 15|
|Feats:||Luck of HeroesB, Power Attack, Iron Will, Improved Initiative|
|Environment:||Oceans, mountain lakes|
|Organization:||Solitary or cluster (4-8)|
|Advancement:||8-11 HD (Large), 12-17 HD (Huge), 18-20 HD (Gargantuan)|
Perish Song (Su): The song of a Lapras foretells a great loss, and those who hear it risk death itself. All who hear the song must make a Will save (DC 15). If they fail, they become shaken as they realize their life is going to be cut short. If, two rounds later, they can still hear the song, they are instantly slain.
A Lapras can end this by no longer singing, and can sing to counter another perish song. To begin singing this requires a standard action, but to continue merely takes a Swift action.
Lapras must stop singing after three consecutive rounds, or else it too passes away from its own song.
Sheer Cold (Su): As a full-round action, Lapras can cast flesh to ice. The save DC is Wisdom based (15 for the sample Lapras), and if the target fails the save, there is a 20% chance the spell will fail anyway. If the weather is cold enough for hail/nonlethal damage, there is no failure-chance.
Spell-like Abilities (Sp) (CL 7, DC 15): At will: control weather, polar ray, ice storm; 3/day: freezing fog. Caster level equals hit dice, and the Save DCs is 10 + Spell Level + Lapras’s Charisma modifier.
- The sample Lapras has a caster level of 7 and a save DC of 12 + spell level.
Egg Move: Each Lapras hatches knowing one of the following:
- Dragon Dance (Su): By spending a standard action, Lapras can initiate a strange dance that conjures up powerful ancient energies. Sustaining the dance requires a move action, and the effect lasts while sustained, and a number of rounds afterwards equal to its Charisma bonus. While the effects last, Lapras gains a +6 enhancement bonus to Strength and Dexterity, and its slam attack deals damage as though one size larger.
- Curse (Sp): Lapras can cast bestow curse at will as a spell-like ability.
- Tickle (Ex): As a melee touch attack, Lapras can tickle a foe with a standard action. The foe must make a DC 15 Will save (Dex-based, +2 racial bonus) or count as dazed for one full round as they squirm and laugh.
- Ancient Power (Ex): Once per minute, Lapras can telekinetically launch up to 3 chunks of stone within 100 feet. These are launched as ranged attacks, and, if at least as large as a Medium character, deal 10d6 damage each. Furthermore, upon activation, there is a 10% chance that Lapras will become stronger for 3 rounds, gaining a +4 bonus to Strength, a +6 bonus to Natural Armour and immunity to all negative conditions (it is only harmed by damage).
- Fissure (Sp): Lapras can cast abyssal rift once per day as a spell-like ability
Back to Main Page → 3.5e Homebrew → Monsters