You can rename a page by moving it. There are several reasons why you might wish to rename a page:
- the title has been misspelled.
- the title does not follow the wiki's naming conventions
- the scope of the article has been reduced, extended or otherwise changed.
Step by Step
- Log in to your user account and go to the page you want to move
- Click the small down arrow on the "Edit" button to bring up the edit menu and select "Move"
- You will see a form where you can enter a new title for the page
- Type the new name for the page and a reason for the move in the appropriate boxes
- Choose whether you also want to move the page's talk page and any subpages (usually you do)
- Choose whether or not you wish to "follow" the page
- Click the move page button and the page will be renamed to the new title
- You will be redirected to the page at its new title, and a green messagebar at the top of the page will let you know that the pagemove has been successful.
Moving to an existing Pagename
- If you wish to delete the existing page you will need to contact an administrator on your wiki.
- Otherwise you must enter a different title and click the "Move" button.
- You will see a green messagebar at the top of the page confirming the move, and a redirect will be created from the old page to the new one.
- If you are an administrator you have the additional option on page moves of disabling the automatic redirect, leaving no content at the original page.
- Why should I move/rename a page, instead of creating a new one? The move page function keeps the page history of the article, before and after the move, in one place, so that all contributors receive credit as required by the terms of the Creative Commons license used at Wikia. Cutting text out of one page and pasting it into a new one causes these acknowledgments to be lost.
- How do I undo a page move? When a page is moved, an undo link will appear beside it in recent changes, allowing the change to be reverted.
- Is there a record of page moves? Page moves are recorded at Special:Log/move, and will also be displayed in the page histories, and at the bottom of the move page. Revert links are available from the log for admins.
- What happens to the Facebook likes when a page is moved? They stay under the old name, and a new count begins for the new name.
- My favorite skin or editor offers no move or rename function. You can use Special:MovePage/target to rename the page target.
- You cannot move pages into or out of the "Video" or "Category" namespace.
Have more questions? Ask other users on the forum.
Retrieved from "http://dungeons.wikia.com/wiki/Help:Moving_pages"