|Editing:||Please feel free to edit constructively!|
Half-Malboros are not generally social beings, for good reason. Be it their scary appearance, terrible smell, lack of charisma, or dull intellect, they seem more monstrous than anything. As such half-malboros are usually concerned with only their base needs.. hunger, thirst... with little care beyond this.
Half-Malboros are born from a terrible process. Generally new malboros are born when malboro spores burrow into a warm dead body and grow from there. However the spores may burrow in early to a body which has shut down but not completely died. On the brink, the spores populate the body and revitalize it with new mind, purpose, and motion.
Regardless of the base creature, the half-malboro appears to be a humanoid who has been charred with acid burns. These wounds have been healed over with green plant-like scar tissue, giving them a mottled appearance. Their eyes have become glassy and weak, and their foreheads are crowned with an almost beholder-like array of eyestalks. Their mouths have become bigger, filled with sharp teeth and acid drool, their limbs seem oddly flexible and elongated, and last but not least, they smell horrible.
Half-Malboros are usually medium, but rarely a gnome or half-ling becomes converted, resulting in a small half-malboro. These half-malboros have an additional -2 Str, +2 Dex, and -10 ft. land speed applied.
Due to their horrid appearance and behavior, half-malboros are rarely accepted in the world, and it is returned in kind. As such, not many half-malboros walk the path of goodness.
Due to their outcast nature the half-malboro is likely to become evil. Beyond that, true neutral half-malboros are the next likely. Good half-malboros are rare.
Half-Malboros like places of filth most of all. A warm, wet, stinky cesspool fits right at home with them, as well as covers their own stench in something more powerful.
Half-Malboros have no religious tradition, but those that do often find home with gods of nature, due to their plant-based existence.
Half-Malboros speak Common and Malboro, a language of bubbles, burps, grunts, and various foul oders.
Half-malboros have little need for names, but sometimes recall their former names and lives. Fragments of memories, while they never persist strongly, sometimes shape the half-malboro's mindset.
- +4 Constitution, −2 Intelligence, −2 Charisma.": What didn't kill them has made them stronger, and the bodies of malboros have become super-tough. But their minds have undergone the shock of near death, and they are lacking in any grace or charm.
- Plant: The half-malboro's body is more plant than flesh.
- Medium: As Medium creatures, half-malboros have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Half-Malboro base land speed is 30 ft.
- Low-Light Vision: A half-malboro can see twice as far as a human in starlight, moonlight, torchlight, and similar conditions of poor illumination. He retains the ability to distinguish color and detail under these conditions.
- Sleepless: As a plant, the half-malboro is immune to all sleep effects, magic and mundane, and does not sleep itself. He must still breath and eat.
- Half-Plant Immunities: The half-malboro's plant nature makes it immune to poison, paralysis, polymorph, and stunning. However, unlike most plants, a half-malboro only possesses 25% fortification against critical hits, as it retains some vital organs. Finally, the half-malboro is completely immune to disease, but can host and carry them.
- All-Around Vision (Ex): As the half-malboro has some vision in all directions, it cannot be flanked. It can still be sneak attacked if it is caught flatfooted, such as from an invisible or hiding opponent.
- Stench of Decay (Ex): Due to its diet and natural ichor, the half-malboro exudes a carrion stench that causes any creature adjacent to you to make a Fortitude save (DC 12 + your Con modifier) or become sickened as long as it remains adjacent to you and for 1d4 rounds thereafter. You can't suppress the stench voluntarily.
- Automatic Languages: Common, Malboro. Bonus Languages: Sylvan and Terran.
- Favored Class: Druid.
- Level Adjustment: +1
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|50 years||100 years||150 years||+3d20 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||As base race||As base race||As base race||As base race|
|Female||As base race||As base race||As base race||As base race|