Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
can i ask why nothing on this wiki, no feats, no spells, no classes, no anything have refernces to the sourcebook they come from? it makes it very hard to track down and double check the rules to explain things to your DM. is there some sort of copyright issue? —Preceding unsigned comment added by Icewolf111 (talk • contribs)
- Most of the stuff on this wiki is homebrew, and thus doesn't have a sourcebook. While some sourcebooks are on this wiki, unless it's OGL we can't put it on the wiki. --Ghostwheel 12:07, September 28, 2010 (UTC)
- Also, moving the response (and basically the same question) here from: User talk:Ganteka Future... since I kinda didn't notice that a forum was started for this.
- "hey man can you tell me why nothing on this wiki, no feats, no spells, no classes, no anything have refernces to the sourcebook they come from? it makes it very hard to track down and double check the rules to explain things to your DM. is there some sort of copyright issue? —Preceding unsigned comment added by Icewolf111 (talk • contribs)
- As for sourcebooks as part of the SRD, those are limited to the books with Open Game Content in them (Player's Handbook, Monster Manual, Dungeon Master's Guide, Expanded Psionics Handbook and Deities and Demigods). Generally, anything relating to psionics is from the Expanded Psionics Handbook. Anything relating to epic levels (items, feats, prestige classes, spells) is likely from Deities and Demigods. Regular ol' feats, spells and classes are all just from the Player's Handbook. Other open game material should be listed as part of it's source, like everything in Unearthed Arcana. As for homebrew stuff, since that's all made by regular old folks, those aren't part of physically published materials. Does that clear everything up? --Ganteka Future 16:13, September 28, 2010 (UTC)"
- Though, this does lead to a new question/possible busy work: Would it be worthwhile to add a category or property to all SRD material that notes what book it came from? For a while, I've felt that having a big index of where stuff was located hardcopy-style (and on what page) would be a handy thing to have, but I haven't voiced this much yet (since it's just a load of work if it does get implemented). Anyways, now seemed about the right time to ask. --Ganteka Future 17:46, September 28, 2010 (UTC)