New Fighter Skills
Should Bluff and Sense Motive be made Fighter skills?
Reasons for doing so:
- Feint, a fighting move that is practiced in every martial in some form, uses the Bluff skill.
- Sense Motive is used to counter Feint, which every Fighter of some experience should have a chance to do so.
- Many of the great fighters of high fantasy D&D runs off of were capable liars and/or could taste lies anyway.
- Expands the Fighters combat options, which are skewed to favor Rogues for some reason.
Just make a new Fighter variant, like other people do. Possibly even get it to Rogue balance point, if you're feeling like making something that will actually not be skewed to favor Rogues for some reason.
- Yeah, but when making class feature variants you have to name something the class gives up, and I don't plan on forcing the heavy fighting fighting class to pay for what they should already have.--Teh Storm 16:40, November 4, 2010 (UTC)
- That's Alternate Class Features you're thinking of. I'm talking about a new, yet very similar, Rogue-level class here. --Foxwarrior 18:37, November 4, 2010 (UTC)
- Yes. Give them those class skills, and 2 or 4 more skill points per level to invest in them with. It's totally fine. - TarkisFlux 20:22, November 4, 2010 (UTC)
- Spot, Listen, Balance, Heal, and maybe Tumble wouldn't hurt either. --Foxwarrior 02:54, November 5, 2010 (UTC)